Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will start off with a "hi" as i have been lurking for a while but this is my first post. I just recently got into mountain biking after my dr suggested it to get my arm back in shape (broken humerous, shattered elbow and broken radius....motcross, gotta love it) That being said i have reallt been focusing on getting my endurance up and vail seems to be the place to do it...

wanted a few suggestions on trails and such up at vail.

I currently ride a giant hardtail so i am not looking for any major dh.

Any imput would be greatly appriciated.

I will be up at Vail around 11am tomorrow if anyone would like to join!

NICK

·
Registered
43 Posts
What’s up man, welcome to the forums, I am also pretty new but i am learning a crap load of stuff from these forums.

I currently live 5 mins from the lake so i have started to become semi familiar with it. Other than having to pay 5 bills to get in, its a cool place and the up hills will most def help with building endurance. It seems like the majority of the trails either go up or down with few flat areas.

Try them all and find what you like best. Beware of a trail marked "EC'S downhill" It’s marked on the map as the hardest difficulty level. My second trip I was ridding it downhill not knowing what I was getting myself into.

Maybe we can meet up and go sometime. It gets hot in Temecula so I only go in the morning or late evening. You may also want to check out Santa Rosa Plateau its about 15 mins from Vail and

·
"They Call Me Bone'z"
1,609 Posts
its a resort. i had a race there, it wasn't an endurance event though. it was through the high school series. it was a pretty flat area. our course consisted of a maybe three short steep climbs one being a running climb the other two were easy enough for me to still power it in big ring. otherwise it was very gradual flats.
http://socaldirt.org/race/docs/2010VailLakeMap.pdf
ill be going to the 12hr event in November as well being my first endurance race.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
C In San Diego said:
What's up man, welcome to the forums, I am also pretty new but i am learning a crap load of stuff from these forums.

I currently live 5 mins from the lake so i have started to become semi familiar with it. Other than having to pay 5 bills to get in, its a cool place and the up hills will most def help with building endurance. It seems like the majority of the trails either go up or down with few flat areas.

Try them all and find what you like best. Beware of a trail marked "EC'S downhill" It's marked on the map as the hardest difficulty level. My second trip I was ridding it downhill not knowing what I was getting myself into.

Maybe we can meet up and go sometime. It gets hot in Temecula so I only go in the morning or late evening. You may also want to check out Santa Rosa Plateau its about 15 mins from Vail and
Thank you for the information! Of course when i went they *ran out of maps* so we had to just figure it our ourselves. Turned into a good like 3 1/2 hour ride. I typically ride santa rosa about 3 times a week and am always looking for someone to ride with.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts