Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Bikes Bacon and Beer!
90 Posts
Jump in on this offer...Vail lake is a blast and the guy offering up is as solid as they come.

"Shotgun!"

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i drive a 4dr tacoma and live in the 92120, allied gardens area. (the 8 and waring rd exit)

so it is me, big dirty and ......

we will leave early-ish, depending on your definition. 0730 or 0800. that gets us at V around 0900. ride will about noon or one and then be home around 2 or 3.

unless someone has a more pressing need for a different time?

again, i am willing to take up to 4 or 5 people in the truck, including me. we just will have to be friendly. hahaha.

·
Bikes Bacon and Beer!
90 Posts
Jump in the truck maggro.

·
Bikes Bacon and Beer!
90 Posts
Cool...we filled a seat.

·
Bikes Bacon and Beer!
90 Posts
They would not allow us to shuttle. I guess this is only for events.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Yea, I didn’t think so. I’ve ridden up there once, during that HillBilly race. That fire road up to the top seems like one sh!tty @ss ride to the top, especially now in this heat. Then again I’m sure there are better ways for getting up there. Let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
the fire road is not too bad. yeah, it takes about 30 minutes to get to the very top... but to me, its better than nothing. and better than lots of other things as well!

no crowds, no rangers, few rocks, easy parking. throw in a good jump line, some stunts and the speed you can generate and i think its great!

downside is no shuttle. could probably get away with it, but it would be at your own risk...

ive raced the super D out there and play rode a few times. i like it and think it's worth the 50 min drive from my house in SD.

·
Registered
407 Posts
30 min, that's not too bad, that’s probably 40 mins w/ my 40lb bike. That sounds worthy for a few hours of fun. I've always wondered about riding the other Vail DH trails. I'll have to check it out some time.:thumbsup:

·
Bikes Bacon and Beer!
90 Posts
The place is perfect to ride with new folks...HUGE grins at the bottom of each run.

·
Those who skibike, know..
327 Posts
Im in and can drive too. Where to meet in AG in the a.m.??

·
Bikes Bacon and Beer!
90 Posts
Cool...a willing soul! Rowdy, hook this guy up with some details.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts