Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm building up a Vagrant and I'm wondering if anyone here is running full length housing for their rear derailluer? How does it work out with the frame? Also, could any of you send close up pictures of cable routing? This is the first bike I have ever built from the frame up so I'm just trying to figure out the best way to do it!

·
i like rocks
1,606 Posts
the vagrant is full length housings only, as are all transition bikes i believe. see the tbc website for some photos, they show the cable routing clear enough.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the older version of the vagrant with the routing on top of the top tube instead of on the bottom, the website shows the newer version... I've seen it done both ways on the older vagrants, and I wanted to hear people's suggestion as to which way worked better.

·
2,677 Posts
I have an 07 Vagrant, the cable housing is full except along the top tube. They changed it for 08, I believe its full housing.

I routed mine tradionally - rear brake and rear shifter around the left side of the headtube, left shifter and front brake to the right of the headtube,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.