Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I'm looking at getting a Transition Vagrant in the summer and with the spec I'm looking at it will be around 25lbs as I like to be able to ride up the hill as well. Do you think this wil be too light? I.e will it likely ruin the stability on the downhills? I like to think I'm pretty smooth on the trails coming from a trials background so the parts I plan to use will hold up fine for what I plan to do. Just after your thoughts on this? I'm 6ft2 around 175lbs

Thanks,

Nick.

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,

I admit that was a rough weight calculation. Spec would be along the lines of Pace RC41Fighter 150mm forks, 717 rims on hope pro II's, Formula Oro brakes, Sram X.0 9sd rear (no front), middleburn crankset, carbon bars,stem etc

Nick.

·
Registered
6,294 Posts
It's definatly going to be over 25#. To build a Vagrant to 25# you'd need to use some really silly weight weenie parts, which would completly defeat the purpose of a frame like the Vagrant. Should be a very nice bike with the part spec you outlined though. :)

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hmm I have obviously got my numbers wrong then :madman: How much does the frame way? 6-7lbs? I'm not sure I'd like it to be over 30lbs really as I need to climb a lot of hills unfortunately.

·
= dirt torpedo =
1,210 Posts
i gotta weigh mine, but it's beastly.. 36Van up front, Halo SAS wheels
my guess is mid 30s... it's stiff, snappy and stable as sh!t, funnest bike i've ever been on.

doubt you'd be able to build yours at 25, without significantly sacrificing part durability

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.