Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Okey dokey, tried the above with my Andreani SP2 for the first time, on vacuum cycle damper rod and ifp withdrew into damper body and rezi respectivily, however, on the pressure cycle the ifp stayed at the bottom of the rezi and did not move, machine was attached to the bleed port at the bottom of the damper body by the way. I then tried the old fashioned syringe into the bleed port in the ifp and after a few cycles the bleed was perfect. Is it safe to connect the machine in the same manner ? Anything I was doing wrong ? I'm still on a journey of discovery so dont shoot me down in flames ! Thanks Richie.

·
Read Only
2,101 Posts
Sometimes it’s just stiction keeping the ifp from moving, try putting a t10 in the plug and turning clockwise as the movement might let it start to slide. Also set the adjusters fully open before you even open the shock, or if you are disassembling the base valve make sure everything is pushed out and o-rings greased etc so nothing is blocked. Sometimes you can cycle the damper a few times and it will generate enough pressure to crack open any valve that might be blocking things. Also let it sit for 5 min to see if it creeps up

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sometimes it's just stiction keeping the ifp from moving, try putting a t10 in the plug and turning clockwise as the movement might let it start to slide. Also set the adjusters fully open before you even open the shock, or if you are disassembling the base valve make sure everything is pushed out and o-rings greased etc so nothing is blocked. Sometimes you can cycle the damper a few times and it will generate enough pressure to crack open any valve that might be blocking things. Also let it sit for 5 min to see if it creeps up
Thanks Johnny, yep tried t10 and twisting and everything was greased and open, and cycled damper, even gave a gentle tap on the rod end with a soft mallett gently, will try again when another comes in, thanks Richie

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Most do the bleed through the body, but a reservoir bleed might work well too. That's how I do Brains, but I haven't checked if anything fits the Super Deluxe rezi directly.
Your bog standard Charger fitting/SRAM brake bleed fittings fit, clear out DOT fluid first though and you get a great bleed, cant beleive RockShox dont show you this in the service manual for this shock ? Did I discover a better way to bleed than the manual hand bleed method or do people know this already ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.