Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are going on a family vacation next August. I'm looking for a good trail/trails near Virginia Beach. I wouldn't consider my brother in law and I experts. But, we don't want to ride on gravel old train trails. I would say we are intermediate riders. I have done 25 mile rides before.

I've read about a couple trails around 50 miles away. I'm not sure how far we would be willing to drive. Probably depends on how good the trail is.

Not sure how many trails we would be able to ride, so we really want to ride a good trail. We might get lucky and be able to hit up more than one. So let me know about your favorite trail around Virginia Beach.

Thanks Will

·
Registered
38 Posts
It's true that the best trails are across the tunnel in Newport News/WIlliamsburg, but there are a couple of places in VB to ride. I ride Ipswich quite regularly, it's on the VB/Chesapeake border. Down at the oceanfront there is Seashore State Park (they call it First Landing SP now) which is pretty much fire road style & flat but can be a great workout. There is an entrance off of 64th st. Also, the outer loop at Dam Neck is still rideable but there are always a ton of 4 wheelers/motorcycles out there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.