Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to plan a mid winter vacation in Feb or March. It needs to be warm with riding close by. My S.O. doesn't ride so there needs to be something to keep her busy while I hit the trails. She would prefer sitting by the pool and reading.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Haystack Calhoun said:
Trying to plan a mid winter vacation in Feb or March. It needs to be warm with riding close by. My S.O. doesn't ride so there needs to be something to keep her busy while I hit the trails. She would prefer sitting by the pool and reading.
I've got the same thing in mind, 3rd week of Feb. I was considering the Copper Canyon package but it's to much $. I also thought about the "Jungle Biking" resort on ST Lucia but again to much $. Vegas could be ok but it can be pretty cold there at the end of Feb too. Maybe So Cal? I'm not much help am I? I'll be watching this thread for ideas too!

·
Elitest thrill junkie
37,929 Posts
The Andes.

·
Rollin' a fatty
5,863 Posts
Haystack Calhoun said:
How about an island on the caribbean?

·
one sick puppy
356 Posts
I went to Sedona, AZ a couple of years in Feb/March and the second time I took my wife along. She did some shopping(a lot of window shopping, many of the shops were a little beyond our means) or pool sitting while I did some biking. We also did some touring and took a train ride through the Mountains. There was also an outlet mall which kept my wife occupied for a day. We stayed in Oak Creek so I could ride to the trails around Bell Rock from our hotel if my wife wanted the car. Sedona is a very cool place with some awsome trails.

·
Registered
129 Posts
You could do Orlando. Your spouse could hit the theme parks and about an hour, maybe an hour and a half north in Ocala is the Santos trail system.

·
Elitest thrill junkie
37,929 Posts
YetiBear said:
I went to Sedona, AZ a couple of years in Feb/March and the second time I took my wife along. She did some shopping(a lot of window shopping, many of the shops were a little beyond our means) or pool sitting while I did some biking. We also did some touring and took a train ride through the Mountains. There was also an outlet mall which kept my wife occupied for a day. We stayed in Oak Creek so I could ride to the trails around Bell Rock from our hotel if my wife wanted the car. Sedona is a very cool place with some awsome trails.
Sedona may not be a sure shot. During that time period it could be in the 30s as easily as it could be 50-60. I rode in Sedona yesterday and my toes were numb the entire time. It was low 50s to upper 40s, and I didn't think to bring extra socks. There was a very steady and strong wind that was causing a good deal of wind chill too. It will get colder during times in the winter too. It can be a decent diversion when it gets colder here in Prescott, but it can get pretty cold by itself too.

Sedona Weather

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
at: 9:53 am MST F° | C°

Currently:
31°

Fair High: 52°

Low: 30°

Text Forecast
Records & Averages

·
Registered
33 Posts
big bend texas?

check into big bend texas. It has some cool mountain trails that use to be accessable. You may have to go to the state park site, opposed to the national park, i beleive the national restricts bikes to motorvehicle roads. We are looking at heading to San Diego in march, which also looks very promising.

·
Girt by sea.
463 Posts
Come to Kalgoorlie, Western Australia. We average 38 degrees Celcius in those months (just over 100F), and sometimes it gets to 47C. There is a pool, too (that's where you'll find me when it gets over 35C).

:D

Cheers,
Graeme

1 - 11 of 11 Posts