Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,663 Posts
Put in a preorder for a Sentinel AL frame for my son. Not a big Fox fan, but the Float X should be much better than the DPX and easily retuned if needed.

Reactions: Stonebreaker

·
Premium Member
8,663 Posts
Unbelievably got a call from Transition yesterday. Frame is on its way.

·
Premium Member
8,663 Posts
She is a bit of a piggy. With the rear axle 10 pounds 1oz in large (no headset, add 4 oz for that to 10 pounds 5 oz). My Banshee Prime in the same size is 9 pounds 4 oz with the headset.

Shoe Sports equipment Tire Product Blue

• Wow
Reactions: westin

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
My lbs got a nice sized transition order in and got to demo the scout. It was nice but it is a bit on the heavier side, might look at a carbon frame at some point.

Sent from my moto g(7) supra using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
She is a bit of a piggy. With the rear axle 10 pounds 1oz in large (no headset, add 4 oz for that to 10 pounds 5 oz). My Banshee Prime in the same size is 9 pounds 4 oz with the headset.

View attachment 1951018

It may seem like a stupid question, but is it gloss blue? Or just gloss blue at the stays? I hate to say it, but my flat gray 2020 Sentinel aluminum is not the most appealing of colors. I would have preferred something shiny.

·
Premium Member
8,663 Posts
It may seem like a stupid question, but is it gloss blue? Or just gloss blue at the stays? I hate to say it, but my flat gray 2020 Sentinel aluminum is not the most appealing of colors. I would have preferred something shiny.
Gloss all around. Same finish and color over the entire frame.

·
Out spokin'
In cog? Neato!
17,937 Posts

View attachment 1951018

The problem is you're using a fishing scale -- these are programmed to add a minimum of 2 pounds. :)
=sParty

·
Premium Member
8,663 Posts
How are you like it?
Son’s bike. Rides pretty well, climbs pretty well, handles pretty well. The stock tune on the shock is garbage, way to many volume spacers and the dampening is heavily digressive. Going to send the shock to Avalanche or throw a DVO Topaz on it. It has 15mm more travel than my Banshee Prime, but with the stock shock is not as plush. I think it is a well designed frame, abet a bit porky, let down by shock tuning.

The one concern I had was it was going to feel really lethargic with the stock head angle. This has been a non issue. I have experienced no issues with it wandering on climbs or it feeling lethargic at low speeds. Also no trouble keeping traction on the front (I am old and don’t stay as far over the front as a lot of younger riders). The geometry feels spot on to me and well balanced.

Reactions: noosa2

·
Premium Member
8,663 Posts
And another one for someone else. XL, Mezzer Expert with IRT, MT5 Brakes, Eagle GX, Hunt trail wheels. A hair under 35 pounds ready to roll with pedals, sealant, water bottle cage.

Bicycle Wheel Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Tire Crankset
Bicycle Wheel Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Bicycle frame Crankset
Bicycle Tire Wheel Land vehicle Bicycles--Equipment and supplies

1 - 18 of 18 Posts