Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a lovely 2014 Fluro Orange V2 Spitfire. After some time off I'm now getting back into my biking but have put on a couple of kg. Now at the heaviest I've been at 115kg, I'm thinking of changing the CCDBCS Air to a coil shock.
I had thought to get the PUSH elevensix, but PUSH no longer make it for the Spitfire since the new shock came out this year, no doubt if they add the Spitfire to the line up it would be the V3.
So my question is......what are my options? Who are running coils on their Spitfires, what have you tried? What are your thoughts (Keith?)?

I'm a natural trail rider with some 3-4ft drops, no big jumps.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I just put a CCDB Inline Coil on my V2 Spitty. I really like it alot but it is my first coil shock. I have it set to 20-25% sag and its really supportive off the top and in the midstroke, has a perfect amount of pop (for me), and remains super sensitive. I'm not super rad on the bike. Ive done smallish 2-4 ft drops and jumps with alot of rocky jank and haven't bottomed it out yet tho. But I do weigh about 100 lbs less than you. I think I have a 450# Vault spring on there.

I thought the CCDB Air with the XV can that was on there originally was pretty good though too. I have a 2015 so might be similar to yours. Maybe not as supportive, wallowed a bit too, hard to dial in a good amount of pop. I thought it was still pretty sensitive and had a good bottomless feeling for an air shock. I still think the coil is miles ahead for only a little bit more weight.

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
If you want to run a coil shock I would highly recommend a progressive spring (mrp make good ones). This will really help support the shock through bigger compressions while still giving you small bump sensitivity at start of stroke.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Keith, I'm looking at a CCDBCS Coil on ebay just now, looking at a valt progressive spring from Push, also the coil conversion for my pikes, its half price...

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Managed to get a used elevensix in the correct size for not much money :)

Happy camper.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts