Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm assembling the dropouts on my Rune which has boost v2 dropouts.

With the bolt screwed in all the way to the hanger, it can slide back and forth. I assume not a problem once the wheel is in there.

Is this normal? Below is a pic, can see the extra space.

Bicycle accessory Line Metal Steel Machine

·
Registered
168 Posts
I'm assembling the dropouts on my Rune which has boost v2 dropouts.

With the bolt screwed in all the way to the hanger, it can slide back and forth. I assume not a problem once the wheel is in there.

Is this normal? Below is a pic, can see the extra space.

View attachment 1247897
Not normal. The bolt should be flush with the dropout. Carefully check that you have not cross threaded the bolt. I think the factory loctite makes it seem like it is a bit tougher to thread in than expected. Just be very careful!

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not normal. The bolt should be flush with the dropout. Carefully check that you have not cross threaded the bolt. I think the factory loctite makes it seem like it is a bit tougher to thread in than expected. Just be very careful!
Yeah it felt like it was bottoming out, so I just stopped. I gave it the beans (gently) and now its fully seated. There was quite a bit of dried threadlocker gooped onto the threads...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.