Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I have justed started mountain biking this year and I am in the process of putting together a XC bike. Despite some of the negative comments on Kleins here, I have ordered a new Attitude frameset (2006?- Linear Red), hoping it would be a good starting point. After a lot of searching around on the Internet, and asking at my LBS, I still do not have an answer to my simple question... Does the Attitude frameset come with V-Brake Bosses? All the new Attitude complete bikes do not come with v-brake bosses on their frame, but I saw a frameset (also Linear Red, claimed to be 2006) in a bikes shop once that did. So can someone who have bought this frame recently tell me for sure?

Thanks in advance
Laurence

·
Registered
6,294 Posts
Well, often companies will put V bosses on frames to be sold as frame only that don't come with V's on the built up version. Why do you want V's so much? Most people, including myself would reccomen discs for 99% of all riders. They perform better, especially in wet conditions. They don't chew through your rims. Having said that, I have V's :rolleyes: The Attitude is a great choice. Sweet bike. And why are you going the frame only route, instead of sticking with Klein's stock build? Sorry I couldn't be more helpful. And welcome aboard!

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
The web

laurence313 said:
Hello all,

I have justed started mountain biking this year and I am in the process of putting together a XC bike. Despite some of the negative comments on Kleins here, I have ordered a new Attitude frameset (2006?- Linear Red), hoping it would be a good starting point. After a lot of searching around on the Internet, and asking at my LBS, I still do not have an answer to my simple question... Does the Attitude frameset come with V-Brake Bosses? All the new Attitude complete bikes do not come with v-brake bosses on their frame, but I saw a frameset (also Linear Red, claimed to be 2006) in a bikes shop once that did. So can someone who have bought this frame recently tell me for sure?

Thanks in advance
Laurence
The website shows none in the photos.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.