Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an old set of avid ti v-brakes and I was hoping to change out the return spring. I have no Idea how to get the old spring off though. It looks all pressed together and I don't want to force it apart for fear of not being able to put it back together. Has anyone ever done this. I swear a bike shop owner I worked for once did it. Anyways, any help would be helpful thanks.

·
ballbuster
12,718 Posts
Just out of curiosity...

bridgestone14 said:
I have an old set of avid ti v-brakes and I was hoping to change out the return spring. I have no Idea how to get the old spring off though. It looks all pressed together and I don't want to force it apart for fear of not being able to put it back together. Has anyone ever done this. I swear a bike shop owner I worked for once did it. Anyways, any help would be helpful thanks.
why do you want to change the springs? Are the old ones hanging up?

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
they have lost some of there spring so to speak, so I bought some ti ones. I actually was able to reduce some drag in my cables with some new nokon cables so it isn't as big of a deal anymore. Plus I would like to know how it is done.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
I don't think they are replaceable...
When I broke a spring on mine they sent me a new set of brakes, when I asked about replacement springs. This was before sram bought out avid.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.