Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
schlitz said:
i want one. now. does anyone have any more details about it?

i think i just soiled myself.
i really want one.
I had the chance to ride one of the prototypes for a couple of hours at Mammoth - if you like the 5.5 but want to go a bit (a lot?) bigger, the new Uzzi should make you very happy. As Jeff claims, it pedals like the 5.5 - we were watching the mountain cross for a while, and riding up the return road was no problem - quite impressive, considering the bike has 7" of travel in the front and 8" in the back. Descending is what you would expect from an Intense - suffice to say that the bike's capabilities far exceed mine. If you want a bike that will work for most DH courses but can still climb up to where the lifts and shuttles don't go, this is one of the top choices. I'm now trying to figure out the perfect build...

·
Old school BMXer
2,695 Posts
What was Intense thinking with this new bike? Don't they think that people will ride this bike all day? :confused: Don't they think that people will ride it at night? :confused: Who's in charge over there? They completely missed the boat with the new UZZI! :rolleyes: They shouldn't even consider dropping the old UZZI SLX for this "thing." :eek: Like those guys who whine about color availability, I'm upset that there are no waterbottle mounts on the top of the downtube. :D Just kidding, Marv! (Although I'm sure MBA may still complain.)

I can't wait for mine!
Damn it, with so many color choices, I don't know which one I want. :confused: I liked it when there were only a few choices to chose from.

·
Registered
476 Posts
I want one of these, too.
I'm tired of swapping parts on my 5.5 between FR/DH or XC rides
An Uzzi XVP(or VPX? whatever...) frame could collect all my FR parts in my garage
And I could keep my 5.5 light with XC parts
Grey Uzzi looks nice, and it'll look like my 5.5's bigger brother :D
Thanks for sharing the photos!!

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Blaster1200 said:
Damn it, with so many color choices, I don't know which one I want. :confused: I liked it when there were only a few choices to chose from.
Technically black, gray and silver are not colors so the only colors to choose before were red or red. Now you have a choice at least :p In case you didn't know that fugly gray actually makes you slower. Oh and red is obviously faster than all the other colors :D

·
Saucy Size
4,482 Posts
That is one hot looking ride. I wish I felt like I was already pushing my Stinky beyond its limits, but I'm not (except uphill).

I can't see much argument for owning both a Spider and a 5.5, but I can definitely see owning both a 5.5 and an Uzzi.

p.

·
Old school BMXer
2,695 Posts
Hecubus,

I thought I saw a post where there where Intense was going to offer the frame (sorry, I can't remember which is VPX or XVP).

As for black, gray, and white not being colors...that debate will never end! It's on the Pantone color charts, but we won't go there. Just for kicks I went and asked a couple of our art directors where I work, and some say they are color some say they aren't. As I concluded with them, there is no black and white answer :p

I will probably order the sparkle silver to match my 5.5. My SLX was also the sparkle silver, so I may as well follow that pattern.

·
Outcast
8,588 Posts
I guess we're still limited to the Sherman Breakout Plus for a fork unless you use a reduction headset. I read that chris king were doing onepointfive headsets in the link below but have yet to find one, anyone know if they do exist?

http://www.onepointfivestandard.com/faqs.htm#Who_Makes_Head_Sets
I ride a yeti asx which has a 1.5 headtube, and I run a marzocchi super T on it. I use a cane creek headset. It's not a headset where you use reducer cups, that have a reputation for being hokey, it's a massive headset that has turned out to be a reliable, rock-steady thing. So you do have fork choice, in fact, I think santa cruz missed the boat by not building their vp-free with the 1.5 headtube. The uzzi headtube will be stronger, it offers more weld area, etc. If I didn't allready have my yeti, one of these uzzi's would look real good in my garage!

·
Registered
476 Posts
Hecubus said:
Technically black, gray and silver are not colors so the only colors to choose before were red or red. Now you have a choice at least :p In case you didn't know that fugly gray actually makes you slower. Oh and red is obviously faster than all the other colors :D
Yeah, red bikes look fast, that's no doubt about it.
But, I found grey quite industrial and serious
Take a look of Eman's grey 5.5 with neutral decals
It doesn't seem slow to me at all ;)

1 - 20 of 96 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.