Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not really a "Formal" Whistler Edition from Intense Cycles but you get the idea :thumbsup: .

After three seasons in the bike park and what not, decide to rebuild vs buying new. It got the CRC (works blue with chrome base coat) paint treatment from Temecula Valley Powder Coating and pretty much all new components. The fork is on its third set of uppers from Marzzochi. It is so nice to grab some front brake and not have the fork sound like an 80 year old rocking chair. Hopefully, this set will not start creaking after two days in Whistler like the previous ones :madmax:. Also, went with the push rebuild and valving on the rear shock and I'm running CNC's slackers dropouts. Can't wait for June...

Bicycle tire Tire Bicycle frame Wheel Bicycle fork

Tire Bicycle tire Wheel Bicycle wheel Bicycle frame

·
Registered
316 Posts
purty . . . just built up a VPX (see "winter project-stripped uzzi" thread).

How do you like the slacker dropouts? My bike sits up a little more in the front than yours b/c of the boxxer vs. the 66, but I've been thinking about switching out the dropouts too.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
jstuhlman said:
purty . . . just built up a VPX (see "winter project-stripped uzzi" thread).

How do you like the slacker dropouts? My bike sits up a little more in the front than yours b/c of the boxxer vs. the 66, but I've been thinking about switching out the dropouts too.
I saw your stripped uzzi. It tempted me but I really wanted a blue bike.

I like the slackers and I think they work. It is not "OMG this is WC downhill racer" better but they do improve the handling and stablity of the bike when going down. Basically, in my opinon, the bike is more AM-FRish with the standard dropouts and is more DHish with the slackers. I prefer the DH benefits which makes the bike very comfortable in the bike park. I could ride the bike park with the standard dropouts but its funner with the slackers.

With the slackers, I do hit the pedals a little more (175mm cranks) and the front is a little lighter when climbing. Both negatives are very minor and are expected...

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hardwax said:
How much difference did the Push rebuild make ?
I haven't really felt much of a difference but I haven't done any DH runs on it. Push recommends 10 clicks of rebound and I was running the shock on full fast. So, the rear end has a more "dead" feel to it. Not sure I like that... I'm hoping to go play with it today or tomorrow on a local DH'y type trail.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Nice rig - is she still alive? Quick question - do you know exactly which model Marzocchi 66 you have on there? I picked up an Uzzi VPX last year with the same fork and just want to know exactly which it is for specs, tuning, etc.

Also - do you know what the difference is between VPX's that have the seat post top tube / seat post stay and those that don't? What years were each produced?

Thanks CRFer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.