Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can some one out there help me? My LBS is building my Uzzi VPX up as we speak. It should be ready to roll tomorrow. My question is, I weigh just under 300 pounds down from 325, what can I do to get the best performance out of this shock until I get down to the my goal weight of 225. I am 6'1. I had them install a 700 pound spring and I plan on putting 160 psi in the shock. What else can I do to get the optimal performance out of it until I lose enough weight to use it normally. I don't want to wreck the shock or my frame. I don't plan on doing any big drops just a lot of hard trail riding here in Pennsylvania. I have also posted this in the Clydesdale forum and 1 rider was kind enough to answer, but I wanted to get some more ideas. Thanks guys! Don't laugh at the fat guy as I might roll over you going down the hill! LOL!

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
DHX comment

Hey :) I just changed my 5 Spot from a Romic to a DHX and the first ride was today. I'm 210 and have a 500# spring. Fox recommends a 550 or 600 for my weight but i figured i would try it at 500 for a while. I tell you this because when I rode it my first minor downhill I noticed how harsh it rode at the recommended 150psi. The Turner forum mentioned that lower air pressures would result in a more plush ride but the bobbing could be controlled via the propedal knob. Right on; take a shock pump with you and try different pressure settings and then try a different propedal setting to control the pedalling bob while seated. The many adjustments can be overwhelming but the air pressure and propedal seemed to work the magic for me. I hope this helps :D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.