Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
jekylldude178 said:
Can you use an UZZI VPX for downhill. I know its an awesome freerider but can you ggive me reports on its downhill.
Yeah sure! Although it is not a full on DH bike it gets the job done really good. Because of the higher BB, the steeper angles and the pretty short top tube it is more at home on the tighter downhills and not as forgiving on the full speed, all out, no brakes courses. But if you are on top of your game it handles those also pretty well.

BTW: because of the higher BB you can still pedal where those Sunday riders already bang their pedals like crazy :D

·
Registered
780 Posts
The Uzzi works pretty well for DH, depending on setup. Like irider said, the geometry lends itself to tight technical courses and not so much high speed courses, though my Uzzi goes as fast as I ever want to go quite comfortably. :D You have to be a little more choosy over lines than you would on a full-on DH sled that you can just plow over everything on.

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
I agree with what everybody else is saying. Unless you're going balls to the wall, flat out fast, then the Uzzi is plenty good for DH. It can take quite an abuse, and still feels lively.

·
Registered
651 Posts
I've done a fair bit of DH on one.

Switching from a longer, lower & slacker bike, it's a little scary at first, as others have said, its a lot shorter & tighter which made it a little twitchy at higher speed, but I found it good fun on the teccy stuff & NS.

But then, its not a DH bike, its at the extreme end of the 'do everything' bike, so you have to expect some comprimises.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.