Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 842 Posts

·
on a routine expedition
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Since I've been seeing some more new Uzzi VPs on the forum lately, I thought it was time to get this thread started.

All you new Uzzi owners: Less talk, Moar Pics!

Specs:
Frame: Medium Uzzi VP, raw,
Rear shock: Fox DHX 4.0 with Obtainium Ti Spring
Fork: Lyrik U-turn
Headset: Cane Creek XXc Flush II
Stem: Thomson, 50mm
Bars: Sunline V-one
Brakes: Formula The One, 200mm front, 180mm rear
Shifters: SRAM X.0 triggers
Front derailleur: Shimano XT
Rear derailleur: Sram X.0 med cage
Cranks: Shimano XT, FSA bashring
Wheels: Hadley hubs, 135 x 12mm rear, 20mm front
Rims: DT Swiss 5.1 with DT tubeless conversion
Pedals: Kona Wah Wah
Weight: 34.6 lbs

·
Registered
31 Posts
Nice, couple of questions what make is that 12mm axle and what size is that TI spring? Im just looking for a set of forks then will have my complete build kit just awaiting the UZZI, frame arriving mid july!

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Marshall Willanholly said:
The axle is a Hadley, and the Ti spring is a 400lb Obtainium.
That bike looks like a weapon !!, very sweet.
And how did you get ahold of Obtainium ? I can't get them to answer the phone.
RTW.

·
on a routine expedition
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
rickthewelder said:
That bike looks like a weapon !!, very sweet.
And how did you get ahold of Obtainium ? I can't get them to answer the phone.
RTW.
Thanks Rick, I'm lovin' the Uzzi.

I ordered the spring through Obtainium's website, so I never actually talked to a human.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Here's my rig... Just got the rear wheel back from building (Hope Pro II @ 150X12), as you can see I like Hope (brakes & front 20mm hub as well). Just tooled around the yard with it, need to lightly loctite the dropout bolts yet and I'm ready to go for tomorrow.

Couple of upgrades needed yet (shifters are ghetto - 1 X9 HS, and a rear X* twistie). I tried the grip shift on the HS and it does work, but if you don't nail the shift the whole way, the HS slips, the thumb shifter is the way to go, and I'll have to convert fully in the near future. The XTR derailer is a long cage, I'd like to stick a new SRAM on there sometime, just not now... I have 5 hungry kids as well.

MPB

·
Registered
6 Posts
Mine

Just got er built. Still needs to get dialed and styled. Already planning some changes and will obviously slap on some f*** brakes stickers. Happy 4th!
Amy

My rude girls

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
ame_fourple said:
Just got er built. Still needs to get dialed and styled. Already planning some changes and will obviously slap on some f*** brakes stickers. Happy 4th!
Amy

My rude girls
Lookin sweet Amy,
If you get the same fb stickers you have on your Tracer, be sure to get me a pair, please.............
RTW.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Brando - How come you got a team green Uzzi? Seems there are white ones and green ones that aren't officially available. Do you know them at Intense?
oh, OK - just saw the post about the "mistake".

·
Registered
54 Posts
Phat Hair said:
Brando - How come you got a team green Uzzi? Seems there are white ones and green ones that aren't officially available. Do you know them at Intense?
oh, OK - just saw the post about the "mistake".
Yeah, I got one of the "mistakes". The color is rad though!

·
Registered
83 Posts
So Brando - I just got mine built - photo to follow. I put on 1.5" totems. I think it looks like you went for a 1.125" steerer. How come?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Phat Hair said:
So Brando - I just got mine built - photo to follow. I put on 1.5" totems. I think it looks like you went for a 1.125" steerer. How come?
I got the 1.125 WAY cheaper than I could get the 1.5. I had a thread going in the "Shocks and Suspension" forum about the stiffness difference between the two sizes in steerertubes and nobody could really say they felt the 1.5 was noticibly stiffer. The general consenus was that the 1.5 size headtube allowed for a stronger frame/headtube, which was the weak link, not the steerertube.

1 - 20 of 842 Posts