Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Death By Snoo Snoo
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, does anyone know if you can convert an SL to an SLX. I have a 2001 Uzzi SL and the rear triangle is badly damaged and will most likely need replacing. I would love more travel so i was thinking if I could use the SLX rear. Also, anyone know of a good way to get a hold of Intense, i have called multiple times and sent emails... no luck.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Don't think so...

munkyspank said:
Hi everyone, does anyone know if you can convert an SL to an SLX. I have a 2001 Uzzi SL and the rear triangle is badly damaged and will most likely need replacing. I would love more travel so i was thinking if I could use the SLX rear. Also, anyone know of a good way to get a hold of Intense, i have called multiple times and sent emails... no luck.
The main pivot bolt on the SLX is bigger as are the Horst bearings. You could maybe use the rear end of an Uzzi DH as the bearings are the same size as the SL. Honestly, I wouldn't recommend putting any more money into it as the main pivot bolt is simply not big enough and will break given a few months of hard use. You also may need to buy a new shock which is a few hundred more. Better off trying to find a used SLX for less than $1000.

Yes, their customer service sucks sometimes. Forget email, or leaving a message, just keep trying the number and eventually you will get a live person.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Won't work. The SLX has a much wider rear end at the strut were the link plates attach as well as the main pivot. Remember the SL shares the same rear end and dimensionds as Tracer.

·
Registered
16 Posts
North Haven bike has the used part you are looking for. I saw it when they sold me a triangle for my DH. You should give them a call. Best bike shop I know of anywhere.
They are located in North Haven, CT.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts