Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello i have the uzzi vp with fox dhx 4 coil shock but i want to save some weight and i want to fit a dhx air. my only problem is that i cant find the custom tuned dhx air for the uzzi but the original dhx air. will i have any problem?

sorry for my English

·
Registered
80 Posts
I spoke with Intense about this issue. The DHX Air that comes with the bike has a custom 'firm' tune. My local Fox distributor only stocks regular tuned air cans but there are people out there who'll re-tune your shock for you for a reasonable price. But I think you'll want to find someone who can offer you that service before you commit. Intense did tell me to make sure to get the 'firm' tune.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
21 Posts
When they work they are great I had a Rocco tst air, Very plush It worked about 2 months i've had it sent back to marz on two occasions. Eventually I bought a DHX air with the special tune no issues since. The travel increses with the marz to 7.0 to 7.5 inches.
I belive a longer stroke volume. The DHX air is at 6.5 to 7.0 inches of travel

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ffsantiago said:
When they work they are great I had a Rocco tst air, Very plush It worked about 2 months i've had it sent back to marz on two occasions. Eventually I bought a DHX air with the special tune no issues since. The travel increses with the marz to 7.0 to 7.5 inches.
I belive a longer stroke volume. The DHX air is at 6.5 to 7.0 inches of travel
where do you find the custom tuned dhx air?

·
Registered
8 Posts
dhx air 2010

i got a dhx air 2010 boostvolve and it works very good on my uzzi 2009
i switch between shox from time to time
and the deference is not that big the 2010 dhx works grate gust add little more air to the can

·
Registered
398 Posts
Kostas,
I would think twice about the DHX Air. It is a real piece of cr*p. I know you are trying to save weight which is always something welcome but if i were you I would not go to an air shock. Of course it depends on how you ride and what you demand from your equipment but if you ride hard then the air shock is just not the way to go. The DHX coil is also a horrible shock. I can guarantee you that if you replace it with a good coil shock you won't care about the weight. There are much better places to save weight anyway starting with your wheelset. A Cane Creek would transform your bike. A Vivid would be a worthwhile improvement. Air would be lighter yes, but performance will suffer for sure.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Hi I refresh TOPIC ..

IntensevCare - could you give us info regarding shock AIR ? There are manny negative opinion about FOX Air in uzzi VP.

The weigh is lower than the spring, but what else I get when I buy AIR (plus 70$) ?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.