Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
I'd personally go with the Uzzi if you're planning on a lot of tech downhill. A few of the Intense team riders use it for some DH courses and it is definetly a solid bike for hucking. Also the VPP system is one of the best out there.

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
I would say go with the Uzzi also. It pedals really well if you need to get to the top also, even setup in DH stuff. The thing is built pretty burly, yet still fairly light. The turner would be my second choice, but I have no time on it. I'm not too impressed with the Gran Mal. Its pretty heavy, or at least the one I rode. And I find it to be kinda plain and boring, nothing special

·
Registered
138 Posts
I've ridden my Uzzi almost two years now. It's a great machine. Only complaints are that it could have a bit longer toptube and lower bb. But their new Socon has that, plus it's also lighter. But I think Highline and Granmal are also great machines.

Did this help?

·
Hisforever
1,867 Posts
yeah, do a search.

for much pedalling i would want the highline or the uzzi. i had a highline its a sweet, clean classic riding machine. everything you mentioned, it can handle prolly the best of the three b/c you mentioned pedalling too.

i also like the uzzi, but i think its a little heavier than the highline. It looks like a futuristic bike with all of monocoque, i kinda like it. dh/fr worthy for sure.

·
Oh, So Interesting!
5,877 Posts
Not sure if SOCOM will work with a fd? It is a lightweight dh race machine, FRO stands for "for race only", so maybe not quite as versatile as an Uzzi. I went with the Uzzi for similar uses, no ride time yet though. My large frame weighed 10.1 lbs w/ dhx-c, still pretty light for what it is.

The Highline loks like a nice bike, too... not sure it will pedal as well as the vpx though.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Socom all the way. I've spent a bit of time on both the uzzi and the socom and the socom is a much more nimble feeling bike and seems to me like it'd be a lot better fit for the 66rc2x anyways.

·
Registered
9,470 Posts
I would really suggest doing some more research into geometry to figure out what you want. Some of the bikes being mentioned here were designed around longer 8" DC forks, and a 66rc2x can be as much as two inches shorter, that has a huge effect on the geometry.

Out of the bikes being discused, the Gran Mal and Highline are the ones that allow you to alter the geometry to suit shorter SC forks. I considered the Uzzi and Devincis, but wanted to keep my 66rc2x and went with a highline so I could have slack and low angles with a SC fork. I'm super stoked with the bike, it's perfect.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.