Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've always been an Uzzi fan since I first seen it and loved them but when I sold my Norco I bought an SS2 in 2013 when I stopped racing as I didnt get much practice and liked jumps more. I ended up losing that bike in a fire and finally got the new 2016 Uzzi Pro which I love.. but the fire also changed a few other things it burnt all our trails to nothing and 3000 other homes in the city. Biggest in Canadian history.

So anyways most people in town ride trail bikes and a few are on enduro style bikes. So we have no government or any kind of funded trail systems it's all local bikers building. Our DH style trails are not going well and the damage is so bad we may never get them back.

I need a Tracer as I can trail ride it and as we build bigger features it will still work, I'm not in the best shape to trail ride my Uzzi but it pedals unbelievably well when seated.

I can't seem to sell my bike that's near mint mechanical condition and I dont want to spend a load of cash on a new tracer pro if I can't sell my Uzzi.

Should I just wait till it sells or buy a tracer frame and fork then start swapping parts from my Uzzi and maybe have better luck selling a frame/fork combo than a complete?

Never parted a bike before so I'm looking for some advice, maybe even lucky lottery numbers and I'll keep the Uzzi for a once a year trip to the mtns

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

·
I $uck, but MY BIKE Rules
185 Posts
Sorry to hear about your trail system...

I too loved my Uzzi's (yes, I've owned 3 different versions - all the way back to the SLX model with the tribal stickers).
The most recent was my do-it-all bike, but, being I wanted to be more able to keep up on regular rides and dedicated DH days, I unloaded my latest Uzzi over a year ago (I replaced it with dedicated bikes: a Tracer 275 for the trails and an M16 for shuttle days).
I didn't get much for the Uzzi (complete bike sale) - not a lot of demand for "Freeride" type geo anymore.
That being said, if your ready to potentially take a semi-big haircut on the Uzzi frame/fork/shock sale, I would do the part-swapping thing if your new frame will allow it... it'll probably hurt a little less to swap parts than to unload the entire bike and replace it with another.
But, then again, I found it easier (worth the price) to simply unload mine and buy new ("outlet").
best of luck to you.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I too loved my Uzzi's (yes, I've owned 3 different versions - all the way back to the SLX model with the tribal stickers).
The most recent was my do-it-all bike, but, being I wanted to be more able to keep up on regular rides and dedicated DH days, I unloaded my latest Uzzi over a year ago (I replaced it with dedicated bikes: a Tracer 275 for the trails and an M16 for shuttle days).
I didn't get much for the Uzzi (complete bike sale) - not a lot of demand for "Freeride" type geo anymore.
That being said, if your ready to potentially take a semi-big haircut on the Uzzi frame/fork/shock sale, I would do the part-swapping thing if your new frame will allow it... it'll probably hurt a little less to swap parts than to unload the entire bike and replace it with another.
But, then again, I found it easier (worth the price) to simply unload mine and buy new ("outlet").
best of luck to you.
Thanks for the input, some of the smaller guys use to race the Uzzi against the 951, M3, and other top DH bikes of 10 years ago.

I only thought about it now but if I did a dhx2 coil with a lock out swapped a 3 position lever 36 at 170mm maybe it will be a burly tracer. I've heard the tracer is such a poppy bike but still not a great climber in its class

·
Registered
136 Posts
How did you make out with the Tracer? So i'm also an old time Uzzi guy. Been riding them since 2000. My 2012 Uzzi cracked last year and Intense is offering a crash replacement on a Tracer, frame only for $1,500. The big bummer is the 2012 was a 26" so can't swap out parts etc. I'm gonna bite the bullet and go for it. build it up with a Fox X2 rear shock and a Fox 36 170mm up front. I have a 27.5 Carbine which is awesome but find its just not beefy enough to handle the big hits and drops of my local trails. Interested to hear how you made out.

John

·
Registered
202 Posts
Thanks for the input, some of the smaller guys use to race the Uzzi against the 951, M3, and other top DH bikes of 10 years ago.

I only thought about it now but if I did a dhx2 coil with a lock out swapped a 3 position lever 36 at 170mm maybe it will be a burly tracer. I've heard the tracer is such a poppy bike but still not a great climber in its class

Hi,
Just wanted to give you my two cents. I demoed a 2019 for over three hours on just about all kinds of trails imaginable. I was very impressed with it's technical climbing and overall pedaling. People who say the current Tracer doesn't climb great are usually running their susp too soft! It comes with an X2, which is designed to mimic a coil in feel. So it's often set up quite soft. If you firm it up a little bit, the bike pedals and climbs great! PS. I currently ride a 2015 Tracer (Carbon). Cheers.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I didnt get a bike yet, we've had piles of rain and had a close family member killed in a car accident so I've lost a lot of my summer. I'll wait for 2020 tracer and pick one up 8j the spring

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
202 Posts
I didnt get a bike yet, we've had piles of rain and had a close family member killed in a car accident so I've lost a lot of my summer. I'll wait for 2020 tracer and pick one up 8j the spring

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk
I'm sorry to hear about that. Waiting sounds like a good idea. I hope the fall and winter bring a time of quiet and healing.
Blessings.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.