Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Recovering
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took the Uzzi out for another winter trail ride yesterday with our XC crew. I've been riding my Spider 29er a whole lot and needed to give the Uzzi some time again...

XC crew climbing in the snow

Yours truly dropping in the snow

Looking at something bigger

Hitting it.

We're not the only ones who like the log rides. ;)

·
Recovering
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A couple more shots from yesterday's ride (warm temps this week melted all the snow- last week there was 3" over a layer of ice, and this weekend we're riding dirt!). I forgot how well the VPX climbs, as I was rock-crawling up some improbably steep stuff and cleaned some ridiculous lines, despite being on the 42 lb beast.

Climbing up

Here's the same drop as the second photo in the first post, but with dirt instead of snow.

Mmm. Chunky switchbacks...

Thanks to Zilla and John for the pics.

The craziest thing of all is that I've been bike commuting on my Uzzi, since my XC bike is out of commission right now. Two weeks of NYC commuting on it so far. It's definitely not as fast as my Spider 29... with 2.5 tires and DH tubes there's no way it could be... but it's way faster than a big bike should be on pavement, and the occasional stair gap is pretty entertaining. So if you see a guy weaving maniacally down 5th Ave in Manhattan on a Uzzi in the morning... ;)

·
Recovering
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey Kat, that is Sprain, and yes, all landings were stuck. I've got a two month old baby at home and can't afford to wreck myself, so I stick to the stuff I know I can land. Heck, I even left the shin guards off on Monday. That 8 footer in the first post is big, but the run-in is easy and the landing is wide.

I know it sounds crazy, but Monday I was enjoying seeing what I could ride *up* as much as what I could drop off. For a big bike to climb that well is just unnatural.

·
Freeriding Feline
2,548 Posts
Cool, I would like to get out soon. Yesterday was more than I thought as far as snow goes but hopefully it'll dry up quickly.
Maybe I'll see you and the Uzzi at Diablo. Have fun w/ new baby!
Kat

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.