Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
surly inbred
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm completely on the fence with this one. Looking to spend $150-180 on a disc setup, and have come up with these options. Of course the biggest concerns are durability & weight.. I'd love to shave some weight but don't want to be buying another set if I taco something in a month. From the threads I've found, Rhyno Lites are bomb proof but heavy.

~XT/Rhyno Lites (2 sets offered- one 14g/one DT14/15g)
~XT/Mavic 223
~XT/Mavic 317 (again with the 2 spoke options)

180# rider doing fairly aggressive XC... nothing more than 1-2ft drops, but I've been known to endo on occasion... ;)

~mud

·
Registered
11,760 Posts
Xt / 317

muddog999 said:
I'm completely on the fence with this one. Looking to spend $150-180 on a disc setup, and have come up with these options. Of course the biggest concerns are durability & weight.. I'd love to shave some weight but don't want to be buying another set if I taco something in a month. From the threads I've found, Rhyno Lites are bomb proof but heavy.

~XT/Rhyno Lites (2 sets offered- one 14g/one DT14/15g)
~XT/Mavic 223
~XT/Mavic 317 (again with the 2 spoke options)

180# rider doing fairly aggressive XC... nothing more than 1-2ft drops, but I've been known to endo on occasion... ;)

~mud
i weigh as much as you and went with the 32H set. This is a good wheelset for the money. I rode my set for about 3 years. never really had a problem keeping um true ever. They do dent kinda easy though.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.