Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not very familiar with the range of UST tires out there.

From the little I have found, it appears that Schwalbe (Albert/Jim), Conti (Vert) , Geax (Sturdy), Hutchinson (Spider), and Nokian (NBX) make larger than 2.1 tires.

What are combos you have had success with?

·
Sugary Exoskeleton
4,657 Posts
Check out Kenda

The Blue Groove and Nevegal 2.1 UST combo work well in SoCal, and if you want something bigger, the Kinetics 2.3 are quite large while still keeping under 900g. The Kinetics are a buffer tire, big knobs, seem better on loose and rocky terrain. The Blue Groove/Nevegal combo rolls faster and is more hardpack oriented.

They all hook up on the dry gravel fire roads and corner well. Great no-hassle UST interface with Mavic, not one flat yet.

J

FoShizzle said:
Not very familiar with the range of UST tires out there.

From the little I have found, it appears that Schwalbe (Albert/Jim), Conti (Vert) , Geax (Sturdy), Hutchinson (Spider), and Nokian (NBX) make larger than 2.1 tires.

What are combos you have had success with?

·
Premium Member
519 Posts
Conti...

escpecially if you're riding full rigid - slap a Diesel 2.5 UST up front and a Vertical UST 2.3 or Gravity UST 2.3 in the back. FYI - If you're looking for a 2.1 check out the Explorer UST or Vapor UST

Conti has a huge assortement of UST tires from the 1.9 Twisters all the way up to the 2.5 Diesel which is only 900grams or so - pretty light considering how big it is and how well it hooks up and rolls

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
bigkahunadad said:
I've got the 2.3 verts on 819's on my X5. If you want to come over you can throw a leg over and get a feel for them, let me know. I'll be around off and on this weekend.
Jim S.
Hey man.......what it up? thanks for that offer. my wife is actually out of town this weekend so am "watching" the kids and wont be able to get out. Have you taken the X-5 out lately or are you still wearing the lycra 100% :)

cheers

·
Registered
122 Posts
its been calling my name

FoShizzle said:
Hey man.......what it up? thanks for that offer. my wife is actually out of town this weekend so am "watching" the kids and wont be able to get out. Have you taken the X-5 out lately or are you still wearing the lycra 100% :)

cheers
I've been training for the "grand tour double century" thats in june. Its realitivly local so figured it would be a good first try at a double. I havn't been out on the X5 but I've been getting the itch.... someone just needs to prod me a little :D before I do something stupid like sell it :rolleyes: . Anytime on checking out the tires, just let me know.
Jim S.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.