Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
mtnjam
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know a thread something like this once existed, but I can't seem to find it.

Looking to see what others are riding for UST on Front and Rear for most Idaho conditions. Currently I have some BG's and Nev's, but they aren't UST

·
Rocks Rock
943 Posts
Continentals

ryman said:

Looking to see what others are riding for UST on Front and Rear for most Idaho conditions. Currently I have some BG's and Nev's, but they aren't UST
I like Vertical Pro. I like them for all conditions: Rocks, Mud, Sand, Slick rock and Foot Hills hiways.

·
TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER
2,982 Posts
Conti USTs

Been on a Vertical in back and a Diesel up front on the rigid SS for about 100 miles so far. Like em better than the tread-bare tubed Vertical Pros I have on my squishy gears.A bit spendy but so far so good. I couldn't find UST Mutanoraptors in a 2.4 size.

Attachments

·
Wandervans
2,084 Posts
kendas

ryman said:

I like the kenda kenetics ust and then I run regular nokian gazzas on ust rims. Both of them I run stans and have been flat free. You can run regular tires on ust rims with stans which is nice when you want a 2.35 tire :)

·
Unicycles are for clowns
329 Posts
I find the Hutchinson Pythons work well for me. They are a great tire for dry conditions, don't weight a ton with the new Python lights. Plus since your getting UST you can run lower air pressure if you need lots of traction.

One of my bikes has 2.35 and are great for downhills, Moab, Fruita, some trails above McCall, etc., but in the foothills they are overkill, and since your spend more time going up, then down, and you carry less rotation weight I'd go for a 2.0.

Whatever you get, be sure to mix up or buy some Stan's especially for later in the summer due to "goat heads".

·
mtnjam
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
smilycook said:
I like the kenda kenetics ust and then I run regular nokian gazzas on ust rims. Both of them I run stans and have been flat free. You can run regular tires on ust rims with stans which is nice when you want a 2.35 tire :)
Chris,
do the Gazza's have the little traction ridges around the rim/sidewall like the BG's.
I'm assuming they seal up pretty well for UST rims

BTW, nice work on the trails last night, rode up Hull's, they look great. Thanks!

·
Wandervans
2,084 Posts
the gazzas are not ust tires

ryman said:
Chris,
do the Gazza's have the little traction ridges around the rim/sidewall like the BG's.
I'm assuming they seal up pretty well for UST rims

BTW, nice work on the trails last night, rode up Hull's, they look great. Thanks!
But seal up really well on ust rims, I have a set and don't worry about the them losing air at all with stans.

They have a couple different varieties of the tire base on what you want to do with them. Bommer traction in the lose stuff and on the steeps. These guys have a good selection of them:
http://www.universalcycles.com/shopping/index.php?category=192

I am not sure what you mean by traction ridges around the sidewall.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.