Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Parks instructions are somewhat deficient IMHO.

They say rotate the tool from the 3 to the 6, 9 and 12 o'clock positions to see if the hanger is aligned with the wheel (presumably trued :confused:). But also they assume you unmount the tool from the hanger after the 3 o'clock position to get to the rest of the wheel relative to the hanger because the chain stay is in the way :confused: or do you mark the gauge and unscrew the indicator gauge (not the whole tool from the hanger) to let it swing around and then move it back to your mark.

Thanks for the help :rolleyes:

· my knees hurt
462 Posts
When I use it I unbolt it from the derailer hanger and just screw it back in tight to check in between the seat and chainstays....then unbolt it and check the 12/9/6 o clock positions again....

I think if you mark the feeler gauge there would be more room for error be it very little...but marking it with tape or a marker can work also I guess.

· Registered
72 Posts
I don't tighten the set screw, just use the o ring to mark the pointer then pull the pointer out far enough to clear the stays. You should line up the pointer with the valve stem then turn the wheel to where you move the pointer in case your wheel is not perfectly true. Also on my DAG-1 the bolt that mount's the gauge to the hanger is not perfectly straight, I noticed this as I was screwing it on. So I can never get it perfect. With in a quater of an inch on the gauge is as close as I can get it. Which is fine. hope this helps. Mike

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.