Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone has tried to use an adjustable headset on their 2012 Slash 7 to play with the headtube angle. My local bike shop tech said he was aware of the mino-link, but had not heard of anyone trying to use an adjustable headset.

·
MattSavage
2,481 Posts
Bump...

I was wondering if anyone has tried to use an adjustable headset on their 2012 Slash 7 to play with the headtube angle. My local bike shop tech said he was aware of the mino-link, but had not heard of anyone trying to use an adjustable headset.
Did you ever use one? If so was it the zs44/56?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Yes, all you have to do is unscrew the through bolt, and flip the little plate on the outter side of the of the link and then screw it back in (with a torque wrench obviously) So if looking at your bike from drive side side on the hole is on the right side closest to the front of the bike, flip it so it's on the left and closest to the rear, obviously do the same with the other side too.

I have a scratch and just leave mine at 66 degrees.

·
MattSavage
2,481 Posts
Yes, all you have to do is unscrew the through bolt, and flip the little plate on the outter side of the of the link and then screw it back in (with a torque wrench obviously) So if looking at your bike from drive side side on the hole is on the right side closest to the front of the bike, flip it so it's on the left and closest to the rear, obviously do the same with the other side too.

I have a scratch and just leave mine at 66 degrees.
We're talking about an angleset, not the mino link.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.