Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m possibly building up a ss road bike in the future from all the parts I have laying around. I know I could purchase the appropriate hub, but I have a hub here that I’d like to use to add some uniqueness to the project. I’ve got an early 90s GT Mohawk bmx hub that’s almost brand new (110mm O.L.D., 36h). I can shift the axle toward the non-drive side of the hub to allow room to add a spacer and locknut to the non-drive side to increase the O.L.D. to 120mm, which would also maintain the existing chainline. Now the hub is spaced properly for the frame and the chainline isn't a problem. In order for the wheel to be dished properly the non-drive side spokes will be a little shorter and the drive side spokes a little longer now, but my question is by how much. Any guesses? Hopefully I am explaining this well enough for you guys to visualize. Has anyone done this? If I don’t get anything here I’m going to experiment with it on my own time and find out what works, just thought I’d see if it’s been done. Thanks in advance for the input. (And yes, I know this isn't mountain bike related ;) )

1 - 1 of 1 Posts