Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Be sure to send in your comments to the FS (info at the end of the report) so they know if you want this, because other groups have been.
Done. I think the proposal looks good. It will be sad to lose the end of Yancey... that's probably my favorite trail section in all of NC but I get it.

Especially excited to see the new trail over Marks Mountain, that will make a nice loop. Also I've been riding the Estes Mill/Jackson knob trails recently but was still surprised to see them on the list, makes sense though.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Yeah, some of it is already there, it just needs to jump through the hoops to make it “official”. The Yancey ending is all on private property as it is, but yeah I agree it is definitely fun! Change can be good though. All of the new reroutes were flagged by local riders, and we tried to keep everything in the “spirit of pisgah”. Notice the reroutes for everything don’t add that much mileage; we focused more on better/more maintainable routes, but kept it steeper like it already is. The Marks Mtn trail is my personal favorite, its all new and the terrain is amazing.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Yeah, some of it is already there, it just needs to jump through the hoops to make it "official". The Yancey ending is all on private property as it is, but yeah I agree it is definitely fun! Change can be good though. All of the new reroutes were flagged by local riders, and we tried to keep everything in the "spirit of pisgah". Notice the reroutes for everything don't add that much mileage; we focused more on better/more maintainable routes, but kept it steeper like it already is. The Marks Mtn trail is my personal favorite, its all new and the terrain is amazing.
agree re: marks; re: the end of yancey, schoolhouse, etc...in motomike we (those who have been riding in wilsons for decades and don't want to see it turned into lower-and now upper-Black)-we trust!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does anyone know if the new and revamped sections/trails will be hand cut, machine cut or a combination of both? Any idea if jumps, berms, table tops will be built? Any idea when the work will be started and finished?

·
Registered
245 Posts
Does anyone know if the new and revamped sections/trails will be hand cut, machine cut or a combination of both? Any idea if jumps, berms, table tops will be built? Any idea when the work will be started and finished?
I would hope they don't turn Wilson Creek into a bike park. That's the (very much needed) role Sugar and Beech fill.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.