Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to convert my bike to a single speed. I'm trying to do it as cheap as possible. I'm converting from 3x7 to 1x7 to 1x10. I have to save up for a new wheelset as my original has a free wheel.

I'm looking on ebay try to decide on a SS crankset. I found a few Chinese knock off on there and aliexpree for about $30-50 with bb. I also seen a few name brand used cranks.

What would be the better option? I mean my stepdad has a sandblaster and ceracoat set up so I know I can clean them up. Just really trying to see the reliablity of these chinese parts

·
Yeah!
1,457 Posts
Aliexpress is 1/3 the cost because the parts are 1/3 the quality. Some aluminum parts are cast instead of forged. Lesser series aluminums are used at times, and lower grades of aluminum are used at all times. Buy flashlights from Chinese resellers, not parts that separate you from the earth speeding past beneath you.

XT has a pretty decent price to performance ratio, purchasing XT used improves that ratio. The spyder, arms and shaft will never fail you if installed properly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts