Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of selling my Pug that I built last this last Winter (Feb). Wondering when is the best time of year to sell it? Now? Fall? Winter? Anyone have some thoughts as to when I might get the most money for it as a complete bike?

Thanks,

--Rob

·
Registered
934 Posts
depends where you live. if in the north, it will sell best the week of the first snowfall. If in the south/beach then the first weekend of really summer-feeling weather in the spring.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Curious why you want to sell. I bought mine used on ebay. Some decent entry level parts but nothing to write home about. Rode it for a year then decided to put it back on ebay. It was tough decision. I had 20 bidders or more and actually sold the bike, but backed out of the deal because my cousin who's a long time rider told me I'd be sorry if I sold.

Then I decided to got serious. I spent a lot of time and money turning my Pugs from a good bike into an awesome fabulous never will sell bike. This is just my experience. You may have different reasons why you want-need to sell. Unless your going to a custom fatbike, I would seriously consider not selling. No matter how a Pus is equipped it's still a Pugs.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mine is equipped with SRAM X-9, H-Bar from Titec, Mr Whirly, Large Marges, Endos...not the best but pretty nice.

I am thinking of selling all my MTB bikes and gear to stick completely to road. I was thinking of buying a new Speed Concept TT bike and a CX bike this fall to compliment my Madone 6. I don't need to sell it but if it just sits instead of riding it then it might as well go. Not enough time to ride them all and MTB/FAT bike seems to get the least time as it is before adding a TT or CX to the stable.

I certainly will not give it away and that is primarily why I was asking as to advice in order to get the most for it.

--Rob

·
A Surly Maverick
2,702 Posts
I think that you may find you miss it if you do sell.

There really is nothing quite like a good fatbike.....

If you have the legs it will take you anywhere :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts