Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I vary between 215-220 lbs at 5'9" and was wondering about the Gemini vs. Prophet or other choices. Test drove a Heckler and experiened the rubbing on the calves from the swingarm a few times which concerned me, especially since I have read of other people experiencing the same thing.
Also, I do like the looks of the polished frames. I have not test rode a Bullit but I thought I might have problems with the swingarm anyway. Bike would be used as a do-all bike in Northeastern PA (Scranton-Wilkes-Barre area) Thanks

·
Former Bike Wrench
15,976 Posts
Jamis XLT or XAM (2007)?

Excellent Clyde worthy trail bikes, you should give them a try.
http://www.jamisbikes.com/usa/thebikes/fs/index.html

Personally, I wouldn't get a Cannondale if I weighed 150lbs! Way too much proprietary stuff (Lefty's and Headshok's plus other parts) that I spent way too much time warrantying as a warranty manager for a large Cannondale shop (who has since dropped them).

Just my $0.02

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
445 Posts
well

I rode a cannondale for years and loved it. The lefty, while being different, was also the best fork i have ever ridden! Cannondale does things a different way, but it works well. With that said I sold my bike and am going in a different direction because i got tired of taking the front wheel on and off. While the lefty was great, putting it in the fork mount rack sucked becuase you have to take off the front brake caliper (or loosen it so you can pull it away from the rotor) to get the wheel off, and then screw on the "fork up" mount, and re-attatch the caliper. I just got tired of it....although if you are not using a fork mount rack, then don't worry:D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.