Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a used fork, fox's have always treated me well. This is going to be on a all mtn and its on a budget so I was thinking a used float/van/pike wheres the best place to get used, I was looking on ridemonkey and ebay but so far I'm not finding anything I'm too pleased with. Help? Ive also been curious about the marz 55

·
Registered
7,269 Posts
When buying used forks, limit yourself to those forks that you can open up and work on yourself as you'll never know what you get "used" (no sense is spending good money on a used fork when you have to take it to a shop or Push to get it fixed up).
I shop eBay, local Craigslist and the mtbr classifieds....

·
ups and downs
15,600 Posts
...and just like buying a used car, assume that you'll need to spend the money on a basic rebuild before you can use it. There's a reason most people sell forks, and most of the time it's because they are either used up or not working well for them. The rest of the time it's because the seller suffers from upgraditis (guilty as charged :p ). But if you expect to spend the money on the rebuild/service and factor that into the purchase cost then you won't be surprised if you have to spend the money, and if you don't need to spend the money you're ahead of the game.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.