Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow, I just listed my SS beater bike in east bay, CA craigslist and ive already got a committed buyer tomorrow morning and like 7 other people interested.

If you got some spare bikes, start selling them now, because the oil price is going up and people need bikes!

:)

·
Registered
5 Posts
I noticed the same too. I've just got a brand new bike and that took some getting hold of. All the local bike shops are really low on stock and the ones that sell used didn't have any at all. Like you said people using bikes more cause of oil and other prices going up so much. The LBS i eventually managed to get a bike from reckoned that all new bikes are set it increase in price by 10-20% in the coming months. Not sure if thats true or not......

·
No Clue Crew
7,668 Posts
Not so much for me. Been trying to sell my On*One Inbred 29er for a couple days locally and only one person has shown up to look at it. Plenty of interest in Nigeria, though ... :p

·
bi-winning
11,109 Posts
About a month ago, I listed my old 1988 road bike on Craigslist. I posted it on Saturday, and it was out of my hands on Monday.

·
Fart smeller
Paid to post this crap.
19,859 Posts
Blatant said:
Not so much for me. Been trying to sell my On*One Inbred 29er for a couple days locally and only one person has shown up to look at it. Plenty of interest in Nigeria, though ... :p
I think it's because it's an On-One. I've been trying to sell my 26"er w/ a Fox fork, and no one asks about the frame, they only ask if I'll sell the fork separately. :rolleyes:

:p

fp

·
No Clue Crew
7,668 Posts
Finch Platte said:
I think it's because it's an On-One. I've been trying to sell my 26"er w/ a Fox fork, and no one asks about the frame, they only ask if I'll sell the fork separately. :rolleyes:

:p

fp
Really? Why? I remember when they were first released, they were all the rage. I've had no issues with mine. Shrugs. No big deal, I guess, I'm only selling to fund a boutique 26er frame I really don't need ...

·
Registered
622 Posts
Finch Platte said:
$150 for this??

Oh, brother. :rolleyes:

fp
It's funny when people think they have a "rare, classic" item, they really think their crap is worth a fortune when in reality it's just an old turd. They ask a fortune for stuff and get pissed and offended when no one wants it or offers them less.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.