Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
T.Dot Represent
Joined
·
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the chance to buy a used 2002 bighit comp with all stock parts. Is this a good idea/deal or should i just save up and buy the 1850 cad sgs expert??? or the 1200-1100 cad sgs sport??? tehy all use fsr so they should all be quite similar right??
 

·
T.Dot Represent
Joined
·
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I checked up to see wat was happeneing...

finchy said:
I have the chance to buy a used 2002 bighit comp with all stock parts. Is this a good idea/deal or should i just save up and buy the 1850 cad sgs expert??? or the 1200-1100 cad sgs sport??? tehy all use fsr so they should all be quite similar right??
and he hasnt sold it yet, is this a good or bad idea????ive never bought a used bike before, or bike parts so any info on what dodo would be appreciated
 

·
I HUCK WITH CHUCK
Joined
·
1,319 Posts
finchy said:
and he hasnt sold it yet, is this a good or bad idea????ive never bought a used bike before, or bike parts so any info on what dodo would be appreciated

Personally, I wouldnt do it. I would get the sgs expert if I could at all. My reason for saying this is that by buying a 2002 bighit, you are buying a bike that already has 2 years of its life gone. That can be quite a lot for a freeride bike, even a really nice one like a bighit. I dont know about the sport though, I am spoiled by riding a fox and now getting a sherman, so I kind of dislike psylos compared to alternatives. I also dont like mechanical brakes. Its snowy up there anyway right? So the extra few months to save up some cash shouldnt be too painful, do it right and not have to upgrade, you will be happier that way in the long run.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
207 Posts
look at the 04 comp big hit

finchy said:
and he hasnt sold it yet, is this a good or bad idea????ive never bought a used bike before, or bike parts so any info on what dodo would be appreciated
hey finchy i just bought my 04 comp, 3 mounths ago. the sticker price was 1850.00 scape up the extrea doe, and get a new one its worth the extrea 350.00 plus some shops offer lifetime tune on a new ride cant go wroung their but bottum line is get the big hit i love mine...
 

·
Cynical Bystander
Joined
·
6,770 Posts
i just got a 02 bighit comp few weeks ago for 1100usd. The one I got was in great condition, xtr rear derailleur, e13 chainguide, intense r.tire, mobster f.tire, and i just bought a 03 boxxer race to put onto it once i get a drop crown(will trade a new std crown for a drop crown if someone has one). the 04s are sweet too, but i think it'd probably be more than 2Kcad. try the bikes out if you can, see which one you like better, if you can't, compare the specs of the bikes and see what's the best overall value for the type of riding you're going to be doing. hope this helps.

Oh yeah, I somewhat have to disagree with ThoughtfulPirate, just because of what year the model is, doesn't necessarily mean that's when it was initially purchased. like in my case the bike was originally bought mid03. but then again that isn't always the case, just pointing that out as something to look for.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,812 Posts
nope, dont go there

COmtbiker12 said:
i just got a 02 bighit comp few weeks ago for 1100usd. The one I got was in great condition, xtr rear derailleur, e13 chainguide, intense r.tire, mobster f.tire, and i just bought a 03 boxxer race to put onto it once i get a drop crown(will trade a new std crown for a drop crown if someone has one). the 04s are sweet too, but i think it'd probably be more than 2Kcad. try the bikes out if you can, see which one you like better, if you can't, compare the specs of the bikes and see what's the best overall value for the type of riding you're going to be doing. hope this helps.

Oh yeah, I somewhat have to disagree with ThoughtfulPirate, just because of what year the model is, doesn't necessarily mean that's when it was initially purchased. like in my case the bike was originally bought mid03. but then again that isn't always the case, just pointing that out as something to look for.

1500$(US) gave me a new Bighit Comp last spring (brand new)
 

·
DOH!!
Joined
·
13 Posts
I got my used 02/03 BigHit comp for $1k three months ago. It's practically new, since the original owner rarely used it and had it setup for XC use. I was lucky he was in need of cash fast.

I was abe to use the money I saved and get an E13 DR setup. I don't regret at all purchasing used. Just have to do some research and ask a lot of questions.
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top