Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking of a dream tune set and came to 953 renyolds for the main triangle and chainstays. 653 renyolds for the seatstays along with using Ti lugs. Question is has any body used 953 for a tubeset and if so what are the characteristics like?

·
Premium Member
7,491 Posts
What?

Is this a troll? If not, go read through the framebuilding forum archives, as well as the archives at www.phred.org. Then come back and ask questions.

-Walt

chwesley said:
I was thinking of a dream tune set and came to 953 renyolds for the main triangle and chainstays. 653 renyolds for the seatstays along with using Ti lugs. Question is has any body used 953 for a tubeset and if so what are the characteristics like?

·
Randomhead
1,183 Posts
there are rumors that Cecil Behringer figured out how to braze ti, but not dissimilar metals (for what I'd think are obvious reasons).

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
unterhausen said:
there are rumors that Cecil Behringer figured out how to braze ti, but not dissimilar metals (for what I'd think are obvious reasons).
it can & is done: http://www.titanium-brazing.com/ not likely useful for cycling applications. the more i learn about brazing the more fascinating it is. here is where i get most of my brazing products: www.brazing.com lots of info & good prices - Steve Garro, Coconino Cycles.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts