Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I am looking at getting a new seatpost. I have decided to go with a carbon post and have narrowed it down from countless seatposts, to the USE Alien carbon.
The main question i have is -

I need 19.5cm (195mm) of exposed post - measured from bottom of seat rails to top of seat tube. So can i use a USE Alien that has a length of 270mm from bottom of post until where the seat rails ae in the clamp ? which means 75mm will be in the seat tube.

Also what is the minimum insertian level for these posts ?

And can i use a 27.2 diameter post in a 27.2 seat tube without a shim (ie am i suppose to use a 25.0 post with a shim for 27.2 dia)

Thanks,

Adam

·
avg. joe
657 Posts
Not quite your answer...

I can't answer your questions, but I will give a plug for the post and it's company. I have had my post for 2+ years and had no problems. I did call their 800 number once and they were quite friendly and answered the questions that I had for them.

Give 'em a call and get the info straight from them.

Tom

·
Banned
5,770 Posts
here you go...

caballero said:
Hello,
I am looking at getting a new seatpost. I have decided to go with a carbon post and have narrowed it down from countless seatposts, to the USE Alien carbon.
The main question i have is -

I need 19.5cm (195mm) of exposed post - measured from bottom of seat rails to top of seat tube. So can i use a USE Alien that has a length of 270mm from bottom of post until where the seat rails ae in the clamp ? which means 75mm will be in the seat tube.

Also what is the minimum insertian level for these posts ?

And can i use a 27.2 diameter post in a 27.2 seat tube without a shim (ie am i suppose to use a 25.0 post with a shim for 27.2 dia)

Thanks,

Adam
i sell these posts and just checked the measures:
the minimum insertion is 60mm which leaves ca. 205-210mm of exposed seatpost, enough for your needs.

the newest generation of these posts doesn't need a shim anymore. they got reinforced compared to earlier versions. just make sure your seattube is smooth. weight of the new ones is 149g for the 27,2/270mm size.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.