Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
I believe the only difference is the length.
Seeing as you can get a 350mm 31.6 post in either road or mtn version, it would seem that is not the case. From what I have heard the carbon is thicker in the MTB post. On the one hand, you are unlikely to break the post section (more likely to snap the clamp), but on the other hand the MTB post is only a couple of grams heavier.

·
bike weenie
589 Posts
The mtn version is thicker...

even though you could probably get away with it, the thought of carbon fiber splinters up the backside would be enough for me not to take that gamble.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
I've only seen a 270 & 350 mm version - nothing specifically stating road or mountain on the packaging, only in advertising. I can't imagine ever needing a 350 mm version on a properly fitted road bike so it seems odd USE would make a road-specific version that long. The USE website is down right now.

Where have you seen road & mountain specific versions?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I saw MTB version in couple of online stores, like chainreaction and performancebike.
And yes MTB is thicker. CRC doesn't carry them in my size but I got huge order from them so I wanted to add seatpost also, that's why I'm asking...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.