Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
I love this:

About the USA Cycling Pro Mountain Bike Ultra Endurance Tour (Pro UET)
Created in 2011 to consistently provide world-class athletes with a competitive arena on American soil, the USA Cycling Pro Mountain Bike Ultra Endurance Tour (Pro UET) recognizes the best professional athletes competing a U.S. soil by employing a season-long rankings system to identify overall men's and women's series leaders for Pro/Solo categories in 6-hour, 24-hour, marathon, and ultra-marathon mountain bike events around the country.

We need the Pro UET to recognize the best, 'cause the NUE isn't good enough...

In all seriousness, though, having a short series of differing types of events isn't a bad thing.

Mudge

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Hope They Fail

F*** those guys.

I hope they fail miserably. There are plenty of great races that have grown and evolved w/o USAC's "support". What is it that USAC is going to bring to endurance racing that's going to improve the discipline?

·
Prone To Internet Drama
238 Posts
At least you'll have to pay another $60. / year for the USAC license, Oh and races will cost more now due to the fact that promoters will have to pay referees and such. When I want USAC I know where to find them, I came to endurance to get away from them.

·
Big "T"
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
IMO, each of the races on their "Pro UET" are good events.

But the USAC stamp seems too little too late every year. As if the powers that be in Colorado are looking down from their perch in the Rockies and trying to get their brand associated with the Ultra Crowd. But they're so far out of that scene that it's the last thing finished and announced every year and it for the most part is divorced from all of the best Ultra racing in the country. USAC is already associated with the Firecracker race. The national 24 hr is at 7000ft above sea level too late in the year and will just end up being the Colorado 24 hr championships.

USAC has tried this before, with a marathon series that coincided with the old NORBA XC series. Didn't work out so well. The last several years the time of the events on the USAC Ultra schedule was a bit screwed up.

The Ultra scene has grown and developed in the absense of USAC and is all the better for it. In the absense of a lot of age and ability categories, do you really need a licensing body to bless the race?

IMO, USAC should sanction a National Championship marathon, 100 miler and 24 Hour event and stop there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.