Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
artistic...
7,602 Posts
2 different geoms.: all canadian hts seem to have steep seat tubes and longer head tubes. funny cause they cater to the same kind of trails: slow, steep and technical.
nice bikes. is the yo a medium? i thought you would size a S/M.

G

·
Sorry to hi-jack the thread but i wonder if that's a Romax too. Has anyone seen a Gatorblade with curved blades before? Me not...

Carsten

·
velocipede technician
8,877 Posts
Carsten said:
Sorry to hi-jack the thread but i wonder if that's a Romax too. Has anyone seen a Gatorblade with curved blades before? Me not...

Carsten

cool chain:p

·
artistic...
7,602 Posts
lebikerboy said:
I think the ultimate measure is who's still in business? Brodie.
hmm.. i don't think that logic applies here.;)

·
Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
10,914 Posts
It actually looks more like a repainted rocky mountain to me. That lug at the top of the seat tube and those dropouts, with the U-brake... just screams avalanche, tantalus and thunderbolt.

·
VRC Hound
4,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
DeeEight said:
It actually looks more like a repainted rocky mountain to me. That lug at the top of the seat tube and those dropouts, with the U-brake... just screams avalanche, tantalus and thunderbolt.
D-8 - You're wrong on this one. Brodies often came with the rear seatstay mounted U-brake. Check the details against mine - spot on. In particular, check the finishing at the top of the seatstays.

·
Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
10,914 Posts
Except I couldn't make out if yours had the same lug at the top of the seattube.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I have an '88 Brodie ClimbMax. It is the same layout (lugged seat tube, seatstay U-brake) as that pink/blue Brodie. Originally built with Tange MTB, Brodie switched to Prestige in late '89 early '90. A really great deal back then...

1 - 20 of 48 Posts