1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
10,053 Posts
That seems like a pretty sloppy solution! Its heavy and ugly, and if you're moving the chainline over anyway, you might as well use the 64t bolt circle for your 28t (which is cheaper and lighter). Absolute black makes them in 64/28t for about 40 bucks.

I like my 28t, but I went DM. Thats not a good solution.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
if you're moving the chainline over anyway, you might as well use the 64t bolt circle for your 28t (which is cheaper and lighter).
Moving the chain line over is making me pause. I am tempted to just go with a 30t and live with it.

·
Registered
9,485 Posts
^ Doesn't look so bad or heavy to me w/ a bash. I have a 104 / 64 crankset and use a Wolftooth Eliptical 30t 64 BCD. Ring set me back $65 and it only lasted one season. If they made a steel Elliptical in a 30t I would be all over it.

I would message the company and find out what grade of alloy they are using.

·
Registered
10,053 Posts
Are you already using a 46t? 30/46 is similar to 28/42. I went 28t to keep the 42 to avoid the jump, which I still think was the way to go. But 30/42 wasnt all that bad to push either.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Are you already using a 46t? 30/46 is similar to 28/42. I went 28t to keep the 42 to avoid the jump, which I still think was the way to go. But 30/42 wasnt all that bad to push either.
I don't want to spend the money on a new cassette and I'd imagine I'd need a goatlink or similar. Chain ring seemed easier and cheaper.

·
Registered
989 Posts
https://usamadeco.com/collections/s...t-pro-integrated-guard-mountain-chainring-new

So I would like to run a smaller then the 32t chain ring I have on my bike (11-42 cassette). But having an old SLX crankset with a 104bcd bolt circle makes this difficult. The price is good and it has a built in bash guard which is nice. Has anyone bought a chain ring from these guys?
Been running their 30 tooth for a couple years; pretty happy. Nice quality. Chain retention is dubious though, on our rough dh run i drop often. Also mud and crud can get stuck under there. Its not a full on bashring but good for logs, light rock hits. Im sure it wont hold up to full smashing, but for that kind of stuff i had like a 1/4" thick homemade ring for that!

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Been running their 30 tooth for a couple years; pretty happy. Nice quality. Chain retention is dubious though, on our rough dh run i drop often. Also mud and crud can get stuck under there. Its not a full on bashring but good for logs, light rock hits. Im sure it wont hold up to full smashing, but for that kind of stuff i had like a 1/4" thick homemade ring for that!
Thanks. I was a bit worried about chain retention.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have been running this 28t for a few months now. The only problem I have had with it is that it collects crud and leaves in between the bash guard and teeth which can cause the chain to stick so it needs to be cleaned out every now and then.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.