Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
501 - 518 of 518 Posts

·
Your Best Friend
5,270 Posts
Time will tell where emtbs will be in the future. I've been a logger and a forester in my previous profession and also helped manage 60,000 acres of family owned timberland. The amount of trespassers, snowmobiles, dirt bikes, hunters, atv's, marijuana growers make emtbers look like saints. National Forest land should be shared with ALL bicycle user groups.
Ebikes are not a bicycle user group however. This is one of the major issues with ebikers, they continually try to blow smoke up our ass claiming a vehicle with a motor is still a bicycle.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
381 Posts
I get it but, you guy's don't know who you are sparring with in this thread. There are members actively posting that can and do drive policy in land management issues. The very people that you want on your side are the ones in many cases that you are pissing all over. It's bad enough with all the trolls and the people that can't seem to grasp simple concepts, now we're going to throw temper tantrums? You guys are making it far to easy to not advocate for you. Get it? Give it some thought.
Not to throw anymore stones, but you did tell someone to eat a dick and imho, a full grown epo and steroid infused man, dressed in spandex threatening a troupe of brownies on a hike with a gun is a way funnier image than a guy eating a cock at a truckstop.

And I will advocate for and build whatever pedal bike trails I see fit, because I can. Just because I'm kind of half sticking up for e-bikers doesn't mean I am one.

I don't mean this post to have any malice, I kind of want to get off topic and talk about spandex men and guns and cocks.

·
10,000,000 Watts
2,902 Posts
They are electric bikes or "Ebikes" like the first word in your post. They should stand on their own in their own group. There are going to be a lot of good people that purchase these emtbs.

·
4,459 Posts
Not to throw anymore stones, but you did tell someone to eat a dick and imho, a full grown epo and steroid infused man, dressed in spandex threatening a troupe of brownies on a hike with a gun is a way funnier image than a guy eating a cock at a truckstop.

And I will advocate for and build whatever pedal bike trails I see fit, because I can. Just because I'm kind of half sticking up for e-bikers doesn't mean I am one.

I don't mean this post to have any malice, I kind of want to get off topic and talk about spandex men and guns and cocks.

Trolls get the troll treatment.

·
middle ring single track
4,675 Posts
Ebikes are not a bicycle user group however. This is one of the major issues with ebikers, they continually try to blow smoke up our ass claiming a vehicle with a motor is still a bicycle.

I'll jump back in here quoting this; e-bikes belong to a separate user group---they're not bicycles but they're not motorcycles either.

If the USFS decides they fall on the motorcycle side of things so be it. I'm all for e-bikers lobbying for more motorized trails.

As a sometimes e-biker I approve this message.

·
Registered
470 Posts
They won't, once again for the reasons I said. You cannot enforce an arbitrary line as far as allowable wattage because there is no one there to enforce it and no money to help do so. It will not happen. It is so much easier for the BLM and USFS to just stick to their guns and say they have a motor, they get to ride motorized areas.

(b) On and after January 1, 2018, a manufacturer or distributor of electric bicycles shall apply a label in at least nine-point type that is permanently affixed in a prominent location to each electric bicycle identifying the:
(1) Classification number;
(2) Top assisted speed; and
(3) Motor wattage of the electric bicycle.
(c) A person shall not tamper with or modify an electric bicycle so as to change the motor-powered speed capability or engagement of an electric bicycle, unless he or she appropriately replaces the label indicating the classification required in subsection (b) of this section.

·
Registered
470 Posts
And your point?

(3)(A) "Motorized bicycle" means every a bicycle with an automatic transmission and a motor which does not displace in excess of fifty cubic centimeters (50 cc).

(B) "Motorized bicycle" does not include an electric bicycle as defined in § 27-51-1702;

27-51-1702. Definitions.
As used in the subchapter:

(1) “Class 1 electric bicycle” means an electric bicycle equipped with a motor that provides assistance only when the operator is pedaling and that ceases to provide assistance when the electric bicycle reaches the speed of twenty miles per hour (20 m.p.h.);

·
Registered
530 Posts
Well, regardless of one's point of view, if anyone here wants to go to go for a ride in Orange County, feel free to hit me up. Cheers!

·
Your Best Friend
5,270 Posts
(3)(A) "Motorized bicycle" means every a bicycle with an automatic transmission and a motor which does not displace in excess of fifty cubic centimeters (50 cc).

(B) "Motorized bicycle" does not include an electric bicycle as defined in § 27-51-1702;

27-51-1702. Definitions.
As used in the subchapter:

(1) “Class 1 electric bicycle” means an electric bicycle equipped with a motor that provides assistance only when the operator is pedaling and that ceases to provide assistance when the electric bicycle reaches the speed of twenty miles per hour (20 m.p.h.);
It's always funny to read excerpts from a state's motor vehicle code when someone is trying to prove they aren't motor vehicles.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
8,629 Posts
I gave a warning, it was ignored. To be clear I am closing this thread because of personal attacks that went back and forth on the same page I asked for no more personal attacks.

/thread

501 - 518 of 518 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.