Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! Kurt Landsdale here from the South Jersey Bicycle Alliance. I want to invite everyone to a special ride we will be having this Sunday at Wharton State Forest. This ride will be to draw attention to the need for better bicycle programs in New Jersey. Help us to save the trails at Wharton, which we are in danger of losing due to the work of other advocacy groups and reduced funding in our parks. A big showing will gain respect. The ride begins at 10:00 AM in Batsto Village. Come on out and help support the effort! There will be lots of great swag being given away. There will even be a special "Trenton" guest to help us with the lobbying effort.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hello Kurt

Kurt,
I am a South Jersey cyclist and would like to learn more about your group. Do you have meetings or other rides? I ride in the State Forests and would like to know more about your lobbying efforts in Trenton.
Thanks,
John

·
Banned
316 Posts
If you guys want you can join my group. It's save "Flat tyre's rain forest". I am a political refugee from Zambi, I have thousands of acres of single track, freeriding, DH, DJ's, and just a MTB paradise. But the government revolted against me and my 2 wheel paradise; they are holding it ransom for 1 million US dollars. If you want to help regain my land by sending as much money as possible, or bikes, or precious stones to:

Flat Tyres
888 Rock Garden Lane
Zambi
Account #: 00075+616+5

In return you can come and ride any time you want.:D

·
mtbnj.com
414 Posts
RottenHenry said:
Why did the troll put "Trenton" in quotes when talking about the special guest?
Is he talking about Trenton Ohio? Or GA, MI, MO... ?
Maybe someone from the Trenton pork roll co. was going to be on hand with free breakfast sandwiches.

walter

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I am sorry. I didn't realize I would be greeted this way. My group only had the best of intentions. I thought mountain bikers would be interested in this. I apologize and I truly did not know there were other groups having a meeting there on the same day.

For the record, we are a committee within the New Jersey Bicycle Advisory Council.

This was both a road and mountain bike gathering. I will try to inform others that we will meet in the parking lot and only have the road portion of the meeting.

·
Registered
8 Posts
A committee within a council huh? You'd think you'd have posted more than twice on the most well known cycling forum on the web. So do I have to have my road bike with me to participate in this 'meeting', or is the mountain bike 'meeting' immediately after the road bike 'meeting'? And for the record, they're called group rides, not meetings - why would I drive to a state park to go to a meeting?

·
Registered
55 Posts
http://www.dvrpc.org/transportation/multimodal/bicycle/njbac.htm

Kurt I dont see your name listed in any of the NJBAC meeting minutes for the past 4 yrs or so...are you a new member? The reason I ask is because JORBA's local chapter in that neck of the woods, The Jersey Action Riders (JAR) are very active in Wharton and work closely with the park and state officials. They recently sponsored the IMBA trail care crew for some trail building. See here: http://whartontrails.jerseyactionriders.org/

If you are well meaning I apologize. We need all of the voices we can get for cycling advocacy in New Jersey, but please lets work to be a unified and educated voice.

·
mtbnj.com
414 Posts
KirtM said:
He can't be for real, who would have Wharton as their favorite place to ride? Plus he didn't even introduce himself. Oh sorry wrong forum.

Kirt
But isnt he supposed to wait until he has about fifty posts before he introduces himself?

·
Registered
602 Posts
road or mtb ride

sjbacom said:
Hi! Kurt Landsdale here from the South Jersey Bicycle Alliance. I want to invite everyone to a special ride we will be having this Sunday at Wharton State Forest. This ride will be to draw attention to the need for better bicycle programs in New Jersey. Help us to save the trails at Wharton, which we are in danger of losing due to the work of other advocacy groups and reduced funding in our parks. A big showing will gain respect. The ride begins at 10:00 AM in Batsto Village. Come on out and help support the effort! There will be lots of great swag being given away. There will even be a special "Trenton" guest to help us with the lobbying effort.
\
I'm going to wharton for a ride. Is your 10 am ride a mtb or road? How much mileage?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.