Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,991 Posts
DH40 said:
Can a Cannondale Pepperoni fork (threadless era, 1.125") use XTR V-Brakes on the brake bosses?

thanks!!!!!
I don't see why not. The mounts for cantis and v-brakes are the same.

Unless the bike came with u-brakes or roller-cams (which I doubt) there shoudl be no problems.

·
Hella Olde
2,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
laffeaux said:
I don't see why not. The mounts for cantis and v-brakes are the same.

Unless the bike came with u-brakes or roller-cams (which I doubt) there shoudl be no problems.
Thanks, that's what I thought too.....but Cannondale did use a wack 'power cam' thing before linear-pull came out....don't see how that would affect the bosses, though....I am about to buy a fork sight-unseen and the seller has planted the seed of incompatibility in my mind.

Cheers!

·
Start slow and taper off
790 Posts
V's will work no problem

DH40 said:
Thanks, that's what I thought too.....but Cannondale did use a wack 'power cam' thing before linear-pull came out....don't see how that would affect the bosses, though....I am about to buy a fork sight-unseen and the seller has planted the seed of incompatibility in my mind.

Cheers!
You can just unscrew that Force 40 cam crap and kick it in the river.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
I feel I should warn you though that that fork is really only suited to road use. It will beat you to death in the mountains... I have happily thrown away two of them in my life.

·
Hella Olde
2,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lucifer said:
I feel I should warn you though that that fork is really only suited to road use. It will beat you to death in the mountains... I have happily thrown away two of them in my life.
Yeah since my DH bike got ripped off I am riding a fully rigid singlespeed 'Dale M800 I bought in '95 -I bike commute - no off road anymore.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.