Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,
I need help quick. I am thinking of 2 bikes. Which would be a better buy, in terms of weight and specs.

1. 2007 GT Avalanche 1.0 Disc.

or

2. 2006 KHS Alite 3000 Disc.

Also, what is the weight for both the bikes. And which has a better specification.

Pls advice.
Pricewise, the KHS is a little more expensive, but i don't know if it's any lighter that the GT.

I need advise quick as I am planning to buy it this Monday.

Thank you for your patience.

·
Freshly Fujified
8,199 Posts
I'd choose the KHS

Of the two (and I'm basing my judgement on the US spec, as I see you are in Singapore) I'd choose the KHS. I like the drivetrain better, and while the GT has hydraulic discs, they are one of the below average sets, and I'd take the BB5 on the KHS over them in a heartbeat. As for weight, you're on your own. I have no clue.

Bob

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Eh, I was wondering. Before every bike is being unpacked from its carton/box, there is net weight and gross weight remark on the carton. Are these infomation reliable?

Both the KHS Alite and GT Avalanche carton indicated that their Net Weight is 16KG and Gross Weight 19KG.

Should I believe this info, and how about different bike sizes? Are they weight indication on the carton printed accordingly?

Pls Advise.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.