Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I tried to search around but I can't seem to find any info on the kind of rear hub that can be used on a Voodoo Wanga...

I'm a noob at this so I dun even know what the various measurements or the numbers actually mean... like what is the difference between a 150 x 20 rear hub versus a 135 x 15 rear hub and what is the difference between 20mm and QR???

I really just need to know the specs of the rear hubs that can be used on a VoodooWang..

I am planning to run a 9 speed with disc..

Thanks a bunch!!!!

·
Probably drunk right now
6,753 Posts
Tessaiga said:
Hi everyone, I tried to search around but I can't seem to find any info on the kind of rear hub that can be used on a Voodoo Wanga...

I'm a noob at this so I dun even know what the various measurements or the numbers actually mean... like what is the difference between a 150 x 20 rear hub versus a 135 x 15 rear hub and what is the difference between 20mm and QR???

I really just need to know the specs of the rear hubs that can be used on a VoodooWang..

I am planning to run a 9 speed with disc..

Thanks a bunch!!!!
What year? nm

·
Old man on a bike
12,395 Posts
It's orange and made of steel? Well, that changes everything :eek:

That frame takes a rear hub with 135 mm spacing (the width between the rear dropouts or the distance between the locknuts/end caps on the hub axle) and a standard 10mm axle (10mm being the diameter of the axle that fits into the dropouts). You can get such a hub with a qr axle, or a bolt-on axle (maybe a thru-axle now but I'm not sure about that). I see the bike has sliding dropouts with 20mm of adjustability, but that's not the axle diameter, the 20mm is for the amount of adjustability front to rear should you want to tension the chain as you would on a single speed. 15mm or 20mm are front hubs (and different spacing), qr stands for quick release. There are hubs for 150mm rear spacing, but that's usually a fr/dh frame, and they often use a 12mm diameter thru axle, but those wouldn't work in your case.

ps Orange you glad you asked? Sorry...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.