Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
No Clue Crew
7,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy. Trashed my front Hope rotor yesterday when I ran over my front wheel (don't ask). Doesn't appear it can be salvaged, so I want to spring for a new front rotor. Guess what? Can't find one.

I don't know the year of my model, but it's a typical two-piece (steel/alu) Hope Mono M4 180mm front rotor. None of my regular mail-order resources seem to stock this item. Is there something else I can use? I really want to get an order placed today so I can have my bike back online ASAP.

Thanks.

·
No Clue Crew
7,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As I said, I checked all the regular retailers I know of and no one shows it in stock. Jenson shows the 180mm simply as "out of stock." They do, however, stock a 183mm rotor. I assume I can't use that, but don't know for sure. Anyone have an idea?

·
No Clue Crew
7,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yep, floating center, 180mm. I looked at chainreaction and that's what I need, but I prefer to buy here so I can get it in a timely fashion.

I'm afraid I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to brakes. Can I run another brand of rotor?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.