Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it took about two months for the Chameleon to be transformed into an urban and trials friendly ride. Thanks to Brad at Nemesis Project for the slamm kit:thumbsup: . It really improved my urban and trials skills by slamming the front end down to 80mm. I might even drop it to 65mm before the month is over.

Please hold back any comments regarding the 70mm stem. I tried a 50mm stem and my trials riding went down the $hitter.

Whatcha think of the "final" product?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
pretty sweet ride!! i really like it, but i don't think i would have choosen that frame for trials riding, but if you like it then its all good! very nice looking build! i'm jelous!

·
USB Rep'n
2,413 Posts
fiddy_ryder said:
lose some spacers and flip the stem.
agreed but it's hot all the same. I loved my Chammy but now that I've been on my Molly for quite some time, I still think I made the right call selling it for what I ride.

cool rig man, now some action pics???

·
mtbr remember
4,356 Posts
nice work
but I'd lose the setback thomson for something straight so you can drop that seat for those super crouching trials moves... you already have a pretty tall frame seat tube to begin with, dropping it may help you get some more ups, but that's just my recommendation, whatever works for you. have fun

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the input! The saddle is a FUNN racelite and it is light as hell, tough as a brick, and comes in a nice urban camo color! The spacers will be gone as soon as I find a good height that I like. The stem is already 0 degrees and will not do anything if flipped. I did not choose the Chameleon just for urban and trials. I am by no means a trials only rider so it is not very specific to the sport. I just like to spend time doing trials to enhance my bike skills. I have a huge spare parts collection to choose from depending on what I am doing (this includes a straight thomson seat post to slam down when I am in hardcore trials mode)! With my Heckler getting every bit of the all mountain/freeride attention I decided to make the Chameleon my urban/trials ride...

·
Meh.
17,508 Posts
Something Clever... said:
Thanks for all the input! The saddle is a FUNN racelite and it is light as hell, tough as a brick, and comes in a nice urban camo color! The spacers will be gone as soon as I find a good height that I like. The stem is already 0 degrees and will not do anything if flipped. I did not choose the Chameleon just for urban and trials. I am by no means a trials only rider so it is not very specific to the sport. I just like to spend time doing trials to enhance my bike skills. I have a huge spare parts collection to choose from depending on what I am doing (this includes a straight thomson seat post to slam down when I am in hardcore trials mode)! With my Heckler getting every bit of the all mountain/freeride attention I decided to make the Chameleon my urban/trials ride...
Is that saddle comfortable at all?

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
Sweet bike !
I have always like Camelion's ever since i worked at SC !!
Funny you have your set up very close to how I had mind , Thompson set back post , 80mm fork , 70mm stem to streatch you out a bit ... YES that set up worked for me very well as a agressive woods / DJ bike !
I even ran a front der for a wile , shifting between the middle and big ring in long rythm set's was fun

·
Registered
83 Posts
I like it alot. It will fit you really well to begin with I think. The fork looks awesome lowered, I have a '04 dj 1 that I have plastic pvc spacers in to make it 90mm. I will look into nemesis project options ( now if they could only make it lighter)

Maybe after a while goes by you might wanna change the saddle into something you could pinch with your knees for soem nohanded tricks.

My gf has the same saddle on her DH bike and she loves it so I have nothing against it.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Everyone's a critic...

Not a prob... I personally have never ridden two bikes that were set up identically. That is what is so intriguing about mountain biking. The sport has expanded to such levels that there is not a perfect setup for any type of riding. To each his own...

Thanks for all the compliments and for the constructive criticism!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.