Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently took some pics of my newly acquired german street toy so thought i'd post them up. Don't seem to see very many NS bikes on MTBR...they are definitely growing in popularity downunder. One of the best (and lightest at 5.2-5.3lbs) cromo street specific frames you can get IMO. The Hayes9 brake is temporary, till i get some tasty Saint/XT's front and back.

All i can say is i am totally blown away by how this thing rides. The geo feels absolutely perfect and it rides super smooth even as a fully rigid setup. The Germans definitely got it spot on! :thumbsup:

Spec:
Frame: '06 NS Suburban in pearlesent white
Fork: '07 24 Bicycles SanKuKai black rigids
Bars: NS Lil-Sista in black (nice & wide)
Stem: NS Moto Pro in pearl white
Front Hub: NS Roller QR
Rear Hub: NS Coaster SS
Rims: Mavic EX721, hand built with Sapim SS spokes
Tyres: Maxxis Holy Roller 60a 2.4"
Brakes: (temporary) Hayes HFX9 rear, looking at Saint/XT combo Fr & Rr
Crankset: '06 Shimano XT hollowtech II, BBB CNC machined 32t sprocket
Pedals: '06 NS Legeater sealed catridge pedals
Freewheel: ACS
Chain: KMC Cool Chain
Seat: WTB Laser-V Titanium (light as!)
Seat Post: Avenir Racepost w micro-adjust (cut)

Weight: ~11.5kg (~25lbs)

Pics:

Cheers,

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
jasevr4 said:
That is mint dude. Mind me asking how much something like that set you back?
Cheers. Well i was lucky enough to acquire most of this baby second hand, but for interest sake i can tell you the frame (at least in OZ) new is around US$590-600, the 24 Bicycles fork (which is new) around US$390-400 ...then there is the wheelset :rolleyes: ...Probably in the order of roughtly US$1600-1800 build i guess. Check out www.ribbed.com.au or www.ns-bikes.com for some of the frame & parts details. The only compromise in the build at the mo is the brake, which ain't going to last long as i just ordered my saint levers & xt calipers. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
aggiebiker said:
i dig those pedles. that stem is ginormas! looks heeeaaavyy.
The stem? Well it actually doesn't look that big in real life (perhaps its the colour?). Its pretty minimal actually for maximum clearance. Heavy? Meh, 290g ain't bad, though i do have a lighter DMR Headstock (239g) floating around, but its no where near the same quality as this NS Moto Pro. The bike is more than light enough as it is.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
snaky69 said:
ontario_bike said:
ever thought of 80mm suspension? looks sick
65mm Tuned Marzocchi 4X. 'nuff said.
Suspension fork? Hmm i could maybe be tempted if my wrists start hating me but TBH this bike is just incredible to ride rigid, and for technical street/park, which is its intended use, its very very hard to beat. BTW from a geo point of view remember these frenchy forks are height corrected so the geometry remains perfect. ;)

XSL_WiLL said:
Rigid riders are core.
Haha, you said it dude! :cornut:

·
I post too much.
6,445 Posts
starship303 said:
Suspension fork? Hmm i could maybe be tempted if my wrists start hating me but TBH this bike is just incredible to ride rigid, and for technical street/park, which is its intended use, its very very hard to beat. BTW from a geo point of view remember these frenchy forks are height corrected so the geometry remains perfect. ;)

Haha, you said it dude! :cornut:
Your bike is very sexy nonetheless, when will we enjoy some riding pics?

·
Rollin' twenties.
1,635 Posts
starship303 said:
The stem? Well it actually doesn't look that big in real life (perhaps its the colour?). Its pretty minimal actually for maximum clearance. Heavy? Meh, 290g ain't bad, though i do have a lighter DMR Headstock (239g) floating around, but its no where near the same quality as this NS Moto Pro. The bike is more than light enough as it is.
maybe its because theres 3 bolts on the steerer tube clammper side

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.