Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Card Carrying Member
2,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple of us are hitting the local jumps and a bit of urban today here in Boulder. If anyone is interested, we'll be at the Research Park (on Foothills) @ 10:30ish, should be there for a while and then move on... If you're interested in meeting up, but can't until later, send me a PM and I'll give you my cell number. I should have posted this last night, but I fell asleep. :D

·
Perpetually single track
3,175 Posts
Hmm...jackarse! Yeah you should have posted this last night! I was just in Boulder...performance decided to put two front shifters in my box, so I had to go right things this morn. Gotta hook one of these urban sessions up with you pros sometime.

·
Card Carrying Member
2,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ibmkidIII said:
Hmm...jackarse! Yeah you should have posted this last night! I was just in Boulder...performance decided to put two front shifters in my box, so I had to go right things this morn. Gotta hook one of these urban sessions up with you pros sometime.
oops, I'll try and not be so much of a slacker next time. Hope these pics make up for it. :eek:

Couple now, couple later... Maybe ETR can elaborate on the pics while I'm eating and out riding again.

Attachments

·
Card Carrying Member
2,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ibmkidIII said:
Sweet...loved the amphitheater shot too. How big is that last drop? 4+ to nearly flat?
Couple inches shy of 5 straight down from the edge, but almost 6 where we were landing in the tranny. It's actually quite smooth feeling. I'm trying to get the file size down on a short video, but Canon cameras use a funky format that Adobe Premiere Pro doesn't like.
:rolleyes:

·
Card Carrying Member
2,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
W'04 said:
Rockin' good urban assualts, boys. Very impressive. And nice camera work at the ampitheater, KW. You guys rock. Seriously.
Thanks, I think EricTheRed took that shot of me and the transient in the ampitheater. That dude was dozing hard intil we showed up. :)

Matter of fact, ETR probably took most of those photos.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Hey KW, where are those jumps? Everyday I get up and tell myself I'm going to go jumping more, but the prospect of driving all the way up to the Gunnison jumps gets dashed by their proximity to good trail rides...

If you'd prefer not to tell me, that'd be cool, but at least take me there! Tomorrow? Or this aft, say, after 3p? (I know from the scenery that they're a lot closer to home than any others in the area.)

·
contains quinine
4,639 Posts
no secret

SDizzle said:
Hey KW, where are those jumps? Everyday I get up and tell myself I'm going to go jumping more, but the prospect of driving all the way up to the Gunnison jumps gets dashed by their proximity to good trail rides...

If you'd prefer not to tell me, that'd be cool, but at least take me there! Tomorrow? Or this aft, say, after 3p? (I know from the scenery that they're a lot closer to home than any others in the area.)
It's the CU research Park at Foothills/Colorado. There's an empty lot where the boulder short track/cyclocross series takes place.

·
Card Carrying Member
2,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That's the CU Research Park on Foothills, but the other one is in Gunbarrel... just outside of Boulder at Eaton Park. No secrets to those. :) Not sure if I can get out today, I've got a ride planned with my wife this afternoon/evening and I haven't had a day off in a LONG time. I should probably take it easy today. I'll try and post up earlier next time. :D

BTW, my wife was over there with the kids around lunch yesterday and they were hassled by some riders, one in a Trek kit. I guess I'll have to make sure I go over there with them from now on.

·
contains quinine
4,639 Posts
kitchenware said:
BTW, my wife was over there with the kids around lunch yesterday and they were hassled by some riders, one in a Trek kit. I guess I'll have to make sure I go over there with them from now on.
That sounds f'in lame.

·
Card Carrying Member
2,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Debaser said:
That sounds f'in lame.
Yeah, I was f'in upset. My wife knows what they look like and their bikes, so I'll be on the lookout. Not a lot of things pi$$ me off, but messing with my family is a sure way to get unwanted attention from me.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Cool beans. I didn't really figure it was secret (given the locale), but didn't want to assume or trod on anyone's toes.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.